Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Obama

Real Name
    Harmon Bobbitt II

Obama

Obama I took this at an awards dinner. How do you like. Will do color soon.

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

Re: Obama

Hi Harmon,

I guess this was shot wide open at f/2.8 (at 200m) and you seem to have got the focus spot on for the narrow DoF, well done.

My suggestion would be to either clone out, or blur, the 'heads up' script projection glass on left edge of frame because it also happens to be sharp and distracts.

When viewed bigger, it is apparent there is some subject movement blur (1/50s) so, if I were you, I'd downsize more before the final sharpen to hide that

Cheers,

Real Name
    Richard

You have caught him in a classic pose. However, I would like to see the bright pillar either cropped out or reduced in brightness. Additionally it seems a bit soft but, I am using a new monitor and cannot judge that accurately. If someone else could help with a comment about sharpness it would probably help both of us...

Real Name
    John

I'm jealous!

Real Name
    Brian

Neat photo! Regardless of any 'issues' with it. I would try a portait crop of it myself.

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

I'd like it suggest that, notwithstanding the softness issues mentioned and in purely compositional terms, you've got a pretty powerful 1:1 (square) image if you take a crop just down the edge of that light-toned pillar (yes, I know it cuts into the heads up script projector). That then is the left edge of your square. Keep the existing top and bottom. You right hand edge then falls behind him and places him in, I suggest, the 'right' part of the frame.

Just one idea.

Real Name
    John

Hi Harmon,
    Great picture. Without sounding like a 'Sheep' and following the comments above, I too think cropping the picture would improve it's impact. The pillar in particular; in my opinion brings nothing to what is otherwise a good picture. What's your thoughts on the pillar?