Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Blue Wildflower

Real Name
    Rex

Blue Wildflower

I am new to photography but loving it. This was taken while on a walk around the lake. I would appreciate any comments.

Blue Wildflower

Real Name
    dave keeley

Re: Blue Wildflower

there is potential in the subject but from my perspective when shooting this type of image you need to exclude any distractions, the mass in the bottom left and the bud behind the main bloom for instance. It also appears that the blue colour is a little blown out, sometimes it is better to shoot flowers in dull overcast to make the most of colours. i would concentrate on a detail in the image for example the beautiful dark blue of the stamens, or the fringe of the petals

Real Name
    Rex

Dave,

That day was very sunny and to be honest I didn't pay attention to the bottom of the shot. I suppose I could clone brush it out but I am not much for post processing.

Thanks for the comments.

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

I think Dave is correct, the blue channel does look to have blown - just another reason when shooting flowers to keep an eye on the RGB histogram after each shot and use -EC, or reduce exposure if manual, accordingly.

but I am not much for post processing.
    I would definitely clone out the blob lower left, I believe that is possible somehow in modern versions of Lightroom, but as I don't have it, I cannot advise how.