Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: New to this forum, would love to hear your comments on my photo - sunset

Real Name
    Kathy

New to this forum, would love to hear your comments on my photo - sunset

would love to hear your comments on this photo, very new to photography and would love any suggestions on how to make my photos better. Thanks.
    New to this forum, would love to hear your comments on my photo - sunset

Re: New to this forum, would love to hear your comments on my photo - sunset

I would definitely clone out that wire in the top right corner, Kathy.

Alternatively, I think a tighter crop to lose a bit from the top and right side would remove the wire and probably make the top cloud appear even darker.

I suspect that would also concentrate the view more onto the 'main action' of the post and sunny areas.

Everything else looks fine to me.

Real Name
    Frank Miller

Hi Kathy, what post processing software are you using?

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

Quote Originally Posted by FrankMi View Post
    Hi Kathy, what post processing software are you using?
    Hi Frank,

From another thread Kathy said;
    and the editing software that I use is Microsoft Picture it -- it came with my computer which is about 10 year old.
    Hi again Kathy,

As with the camera, I think if you want to really improve, it may be time to try something better (not that I am familiar with MS Picture It).

Do you have some money to spend (say $80-100), or shall we suggest free things only?

Apart from the cropping suggestions above, the other issue I have with this is the softness of the grass, but that could be due to wind, even with 1/400s shutter speed used.

This is not a good subject for a jpg only camera, as the Post Processing (PP) demands could quickly become evident when editing jpgs, particularly if you edit, save, close editor, re-open file, edit again, save again, etc. - each 'open, close, re-open' iteration degrades the image quality.

To make the most of what you have;
    a) Have your camera shoot at it's largest image pixel size and highest jpg quality
    b) Always do your editing in one pass through the software, so by all means Save the image, review it out side the editor, but while doing this, leave it open in Picture It (or whatever), so if you do spot something else that needs to be done, just continue the editing session, and Save again.

Hope that helps,