Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Abstract portrait

Real Name
    Graham Heron

Abstract portrait

Got a little funky, also got a few strange looks, but managed to persuade reluctant model to hang out.
    C'n'C anyone? Selective colour passe?
    Graham

Abstract portrait

Re: Abstract portrait

It is an interesting idea, Graham. The first thing that struck me though was—Hair in the food!

You will probably want to work on the background/floor and get the wrinkles out?

Real Name
    Mark

Love the composition Graham Viana is bang on about the creased backdrop! have you retired the over worked wife?

Real Name
    Brian

Definitely interesting.
    I'm not sure the fruit does anything for the photo? What does this look like in all color? I usually prefer colors myself - entirely subjective on my part.
    What did you use for lighting? I think some more light overall might improve. The woman seems underexposed to me. This is not unusual with a white backdrop. For a shot like this I would pay close attention to the histogram - there should be a white band close to the edge. I would also try some different lighting to get some more contrast and detail, especially with the hair.
    As for the white backdrop, you could put the model on a stoo (so as to avoid the floor entirely) and try blowing out the background for a pristine white and wrinkle free (any light colored wall would do).

Real Name
    Brian

I wanted to provide an example of what I mean, but my long haired model is still getting her beauty sleep this morning
    So I'll have to just go with the boots.

I set up a couple flashes like this, with one behind my toolbox pointing at the wall.
    Abstract portrait

This is what the boots look like without lights.
    Abstract portrait

This what the boots look like with lights.
    Abstract portrait