Thread: A Tribute to Wee Jim - Pseudo HDR Example

Real Name
    David

A Tribute to Wee Jim - Pseudo HDR Example

Hi All - The recent thread from Spongebob got me looking again at the HDR software from Dynamic_Photo HDR. I purchased this over a year ago, played with it and forgot it. There is a quick pseudo HDR option (Fake It Till You Make It) available and here is a shot processed (via TIFF file) using it.

A Tribute to Wee Jim - Pseudo HDR Example

The image was shot at the Auchencairn Cemetery on a misty morning with a view to atmosphere. Having looked at the inscriptions, I noticed that for Wee Jim, died in 1914, aged 2 3/4. I find it very sad. So here's to you Wee Jim.

Somberely

David

re: A Tribute to Wee Jim - Pseudo HDR Example

Very nice picture David!

I really like the graininess and the focus of the shot: the first tombs are very sharp, and they fade out into the very gloomy white sky...

About the software, Dynamic Software HDR, it did not impress me much. In fact, I couldn't do anything convincing with it: too much noise in the HDR renderings, the interface is clumsy, and the preview window is too small -> lots of surprises in the final image. Maybe I should play with it some more... there were some nice features, like the "match picture" thing.

Now let's cheer up and seize the day! (just something positive after the sad image )

What I wonder about is the pinkness - what makes the color change on single Image (??) HDR shots

Real Name
    David

Hi Grinder - Interesting comment. I don't see any pinkness. Maybe there is a link to my recent post re colour blindness. Another possibility is that a pink or magenta colour cast can be introduced via conversion of a RAW file by some HDR software, notably the most recent Qtpfsgui. This arises because the Canon 40D conversion has not been properly carried out in that software.

Anyway, thanks for your comment.

David

Real Name
    Have a guess :)

Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    Interesting comment. I don't see any pinkness.
    I'm not sure if we're talking about the same thing or not, but there's a truckload of pink in the bottom 1/2 of that image.

Real Name
    David

Grinder, Colin - Apologies, there is pink in the bottom of the image. I have taken a dropper tool and checked the RGB over the image, and pink there is in the lower reaches. However, I can't see it. It's grey to me. So there is a link here with my post re colour blindness.

Humbly Yours

David

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    However, I can't see it. It's grey to me. So there is a link here with my post re colour blindness
    Like David, I can't see the pink. Please also see my post in the thread to which he refers.
    Last edited by Donald; 29th May 2009 at 04:28 PM.

Real Name
    Chris

know next to nowt about HDR, but there is certainly a lot of pink about. Not a general colour cast, just confined to what look like the mid-tone components - off to the Colour blindness thread!