Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Some more fireworks

Real Name
    David

Some more fireworks

Right, after finally getting these to display at a reasonable size, here are a few photos I took of the local 5th
    November fireworks.

Image 1
    Some more fireworks

Image 2
    Some more fireworks

Image 3
    Some more fireworks

These were on a 550D with a Helios-44M 58mm (1960's made in USSR manual lens but still the sharpest I have), exposures are about 1.5 to 3 seconds.

Ideally the white van could probably do with editing out, but I'd rather keep clear of anything other than minimal whole image post processing.

Apparently "firework" is not a recognised tag.

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Re: Some more fireworks

David

I think the first of the set is the image that I'd pick from the bunch. There's a nice reflection and a nice 'flower head' created by the firework that spreads across the width of the frame. I think you've got the first one nicely proportioned with the firework taking up just the right amount of the frame.

Real Name
    Bobo

You clearly know what you are doing. People seem to think fireworks are easy but not so.

Well done.

Real Name
    David

Bobo thank you for your complement.

I think I will need to invest in something like DxO that Donald mentioned in a different post, it looks like it would help improve the quality of the shrunk images that go on the web. These ones are shrunk the first using canons application and then again using the web servers in built code, so they don't do justice to the full size originals.