Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: The Forest Floor

The Forest Floor

I am very fond of paintings and photos of the forest floor.

Since there was not much foliage colour yet during my trip to New England this Fall, I took a number of photos of the forest floor.
    Last edited by Viana; 28th November 2011 at 06:58 PM.

Real Name
    Paul

Re: The Forest Floor

Beautiful, saturated colors. The diffused light and drops of moisture really adds a lot to the feeling of the environment. Well seen and captured. My only nitpick are the two, out of focus, yellow-green leaves in the bottom foreground. It's so easy to overlook these when shooting a subject like this.... I'm often guilty of it myself. I might attempt to remove them in post processing. A pretty cool (and wet) shot.

- Paul -

Re: The Forest Floor

Quote Originally Posted by PRSearls View Post
    Beautiful, saturated colors. The diffused light and drops of moisture really adds a lot to the feeling of the environment. Well seen and captured. My only nitpick are the two, out of focus, yellow-green leaves in the bottom foreground. It's so easy to overlook these when shooting a subject like thluis.... I'm often guilty of it myself. I might attempt to remove them in post processing. A pretty cool (and wet) shot.

- Paul -

Thanks for the reply, Paul and the kudos.

The golden “drops of moisture” are actually secretions by the fungus. I was focusing on it and not on the leaves. I did not have my macro lens with me, so I did the best I could with the 18-200 and PSP. I wanted the elements around the fungus/stump to be blurred.