Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Yesterday Morning

Real Name
    Michael Farrand

Yesterday Morning

Took this set the morning my son was born. It was a very nice morning.

Thanks for viewing

Yesterday Morning

Yesterday Morning

Yesterday Morning

Real Name
    Bill S

Re: Yesterday Morning

Mike,

Very nice - all three of them. I'd say that at least one of them needs to be printed and hung in the baby's room - I'd say that would be an awesome treasure to keep with him always.

And congratulations!

- Bill

PS: My only bit of C&C on them is that some of the leaves in the second one are showing up a bit too dark for my tastes - they catch my eye too frequently. I'd suggest toning them back just a tad.

Real Name
    John

Very nice, especially the first image.

Real Name
    Paul

Congrats on both! A new member of the family and a set of some very nice photos. I love the light in all, however I might crop a bit off the top of the last as the sun is just a bit bright and makes me want to scroll that portion out of view so that I can enjoy the rest.

Well done!

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

In their own right (i.e. if we hadn't known the context) these would stand as very good images (although I agree with Paul re a crop at the top of #3).

But with the context explained, they become highly emotionally charged works that have a beauty about them over and above mere visual impact. The one question I have for you is, do you think you would have made these images if the circumstances were different, or were your emotions heightened in such a way that allowed you to 'see' these images?
    Last edited by Donald; 3rd November 2011 at 08:31 AM.

Real Name
    Bobo

Congrats on both the baby and the pics.

Instead of smothering him at every opportunity you got out of his hair and discharged your emotions in another way - lucky kid!

Real Name
    Michael Farrand

@Everyone Thank you all for the congratulations. I can agree with almost all of the CC and see why different crops could be in order. I think I will takes Bills advice and put one in his room and maybe do some re cropping.

@Donald When I saw the fog coming through the way it did I just thought it would be a great shot and a great opportunity to show him what the day was like on the day he was born. So I hurried out there in my pajamas to my neighbors yard and snapped away for 5 minutes.

This weekend I'll probably take some "good" pictures of the baby to share. Thanks again - Michael

Deep in the heart of Texas and Fort Wayne Indiana
    Real Name
    Kristianna-Marie - I listen to Kris too.....

Every one already said it - Congratulations!!!!!!!

How thoughtful of you to take those pictures on the day your child was born! Congratulations!

The color photo is my favorite. The sun is small but its rays reach every edge of the picture. The tree in the foreground looks like a silhouette but it's not quite as the leaves are green rather than black. The colors are unusual -- not what I'm used to seeing. Did use a filter when you took this picture?

Real Name
    Wendy

Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    In their own right (i.e. if we hadn't known the context) these would stand as very good images (although I agree with Paul re a crop at the top of #3).

But with the context explained, they become highly emotionally charged works that have a beauty about them over and above mere visual impact. The one question I have for you is, do you think you would have made these images if the circumstances were different, or were your emotions heightened in such a way that allowed you to 'see' these images?
    Well said Donald, and a great question! I LOVE the first one, beautiful!

Real Name
    Tommy

Three stunning images Michael! I definitely agree with Bill about printing and hanging at least one of them in your new baby's room! Congratulations on that too btw!

Would you mind providing the Exif data for these images? Especially the first one. Thanks

Real Name
    Michael Farrand

Quote Originally Posted by RockNGoalStar View Post
    Three stunning images Michael! I definitely agree with Bill about printing and hanging at least one of them in your new baby's room! Congratulations on that too btw!

Would you mind providing the Exif data for these images? Especially the first one. Thanks
    Not a problem,

Exp 1/640 at F13
    ISO: 800 (i didn't realize it was that high)
    50mm

I used this preset in LR http://www.presetsheaven.com/2008/12...r-blue-heaven/

also used a exposure gradient on the grass.

cheers!
    Last edited by KTHXBAI; 4th November 2011 at 10:29 PM.