Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Beinn Eighe

Real Name
    Dave

Beinn Eighe

A view north west from the highest point on the main ridge towards the highest top. On of those days that makes up for all the times you have walked up a hill in rain, cloud, hail and snow and seen nothing.

Dave

Beinn Eighe

Real Name
    Frank Miller

Re: Beinn Eighe

Beautiful image, Dave! This is one of those shots that is worth waiting for and I'd love to see it larger in the lightbox!

It is hard to improve this kind of scene but here are some suggestions to consider:

Next time you are there, look the scene over from a number of different angles and vantage points. Try to pick out a feature that you want to emphasize as the primary subject or focal point.

Imagine what it would look like with the shadows of the clouds darkening certain parts of the scene and the bright sun highlighting certain parts of the scene, such as the focal point. You may need to wait a while to get the highlights and shadows where you want them in the scene but that is one way you could improve the look if you have the vision and patience.

While you are there, visualize how it might look with different weather conditions such as a low morning fog, snow, or a distant storm with lightning flashing.

This is a great panorama and I feel it has a lot of potential for multiple reshoots.

Real Name
    Dave Ellis

That's a very nice, high quality image Dave. I too would like to see it in full res on a large monitor screen. How many shots are stitched ?

Cheers Dave

Real Name
    Dave

Thanks for the comments.

I wanted a panorama more than anything else, Frank, but take your points. With time there are almost endless possibilities in the mountains.

I think 5 images were stitched, using Hugin.

Dave

Real Name
    Graham Heron

I love the feeling it produces when you are close to cloud height, makes you feel you are way up there as well.
    Haven't done any serious hiking in ages (Toronto and immediate area are way too flat). I feel homesick for hiking now.

Graham