Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: The National Seashore

The National Seashore

Recently I had the great privilege to visit The U. S. National Seashore, a wonderful National Park of 43,500 acres (176*km2) on Cape Cod, Massachusetts. It includes ponds, woods and beachfront of the Atlantic coastal pine barrens ecoregion. The CCNS includes nearly 40 miles (64*km) of seashore along the Atlantic-facing eastern edge of Cape Cod, in the towns of Provincetown, Truro, Wellfleet, Eastham, Orleans and Chatham.

Walking the CCNS is soul restoring!

”A man may stand there and put all America behind him." Henry David

Here are a few photos from that trip. I will post more as time permits.

Feedback is welcomed. Tell me if you prefer the colour or monochrome of the Tidal Flats Sand Patterns?

Thanks for looking.
    Last edited by Viana; 28th November 2011 at 06:49 PM.

Real Name
    Frank Miller

Re: The National Seashore

Hi Viana, I really like the first one. Great detail, refreshing look at the sandbar, and distant seagulls. Nice!

Real Name
    John Wright

I really like these,if pushed then the last one for me, it has depth of colour. I see you've angled the camera down for the first one and that enhances it greatly. Thanks for all the information too ,really interesting.

Frank..You did well to spot the gulls,I had to go back and check that out lol. I can see only two assuming the one on the right isn't a mark.

Quote Originally Posted by FrankMi View Post
    Hi Viana, I really like the first one. Great detail, refreshing look at the sandbar, and distant seagulls. Nice!
    Thanks, Frank. I too am leaning toward the coloured version of the patterns. That surprises me, because when taking the shots I was sure that some superior B&W would come out of it. Thanks for spotting the gulls. I wish they had been closer. I could have stayed in that spot the whole trip. It was simply glorious!

@ JohnC, thanks for the comment. I spotted this lovely young couple and took a few shots. It seemed like such a timeless moment that I have named the photo: “Eternity.”

Later I chatted with the two of them. It was a great day!

I can highly recommend this National Park. It is unique (as they all are). The sea makes for a different feeling than those on the interior of the country.

Real Name
    Philip

Quote Originally Posted by Viana View Post
    Tell me if you prefer the colour or monochrome of the Tidal Flats Sand Patterns?
    Definitely colour.

Both colour shots are wonderful, but the first one is so stunning that it prompted the reflex to say "Wow" out loud!

Philip

I am wondering, Viana, about cropping the B&W slightly on the left, somewhere about where the bank gets steep, and slightly increasing the contrast.

You may need a mask to prevent over exposure of the surf , etc.

Here it is, although, the “wine dark sea” may be a bit too dark.

I think that is a lot better. You need a dark sea to separate the pale sky from the beach.