Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Bobo the Street Performer

Real Name
    Bobo

Bobo the Street Performer

More of a story.

Bobo the Accidental Street Performer.

I became a street performer for 15 minutes.

Was taking street pics and came across 2 cockatoos. I started giving one a head and neck scratch and he kept moving closer and closer for more. Then with the other hand did the same with the second one.

The guy who was displaying the birds kept telling everyone that no one has every managed to touch either bird let alone both at the same time. Kept saying it and saying it to every new face in the crowd. And boy was that crowd building up.

Some of the ladies even asked for my phone number LOL. Don't understand why as I doubt anyone will be calling. But It was fun.

Could not get any clear shots due to the crowds. Next time will take the shots before becoming a performer again - maybe next week. Might even need to setup a tripod to catch the massage action.

Last edited by Bobobird; 30th October 2011 at 06:20 AM.

Real Name
    Graham Heron

Re: Bobo the Street Performer

Location, location, location, combined with keeping your eyes and mind open.
    You`ve SEEN some beautiful things that others would just pass by. Good eye.

Graham H

Real Name
    Bobo

Thanks Graham. It is fun to shoot in that particular street - lots of action. Only problem is too many people and difficult to lock in to a subject without someone else killing the view.

Real Name
    Graham Heron

Go with a friend. Preferably either a very big friend who can 'persuade' others to move on (a nice large scowl also helps), OR someone even more entertaining than your subject, leaving it all alone.
    Just trying to help, or just trying.
    Graham H
    (my wife knows the answer to that last one )

Real Name
    Bobo

Not possible, my friends here are neither big or intimidating enough. My answer to the crowd problem is to take 3-4 in burst mode. 1 is usually good. But missing a good moment is good too - have an excuse to curse my bad luck!

Here I can shoot on the streets and no one will bug me. Looking like a tourist helps. But back in TO never seem to have the nerve to point a camera at someone.

You can check out some of the street shots in the Peoples section under The Streets of Hong Kong. Not terribly good but shows the action ok I think.