Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Dark Lake

Dark Lake

Hello!

Photo was taken in last minutes before sun went down. The water is almost completly black so the lake name is Black Lake. I was using dark blue lens infront of camera, thats why the photo is so blueish

HDR, F4, Exsp. 1 sec, 35mm, -1/+1 EV, ISO100

Dark Lake

Administrator
    Real Name
    Sean

Re: Dark Lake

Hi TARI, thanks for the post. Great calm mood to this shot. I like the row of pines reflecting into the extremely smooth water (even for a long exposure, since there is little blur). Where is Black Lake located?

A suggestion would be to either include more of the foreground, or none at all. Right now I feel as though it is "half-way inside the frame". I cannot tell whether it is comprised of baby pines, grass, large pine tops, etc.

well i think the sky is way over bright for my eyes..... i love the soothing reflections in the black lake.actually i think,its that bright sky thats making the lake so soothing and peacefull there is nothing of interest on the pine tree or their reflections in the lake its this ping pong battle my eyes are having with the bright sky and soothing lake thats very interesting!

Hi!

Thanks for the comments. Mybe i should crop out the bottom of the photo

Here is the LINK about the lake (location etc.)

edit: panoramic view (not my work) of the lake taken almost on the same spot (java required)

2nd photo, same settings as in first - including the foreground

Dark Lake
    Last edited by TARI; 26th May 2008 at 05:58 PM.