Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Free roamers

Real Name
    Bobo

Free roamers

Tons at an old fishing village that we visited on Tuesday.

#1 finished his nap soon after I went past, then ambitiously went after an egret.

#4 is a clean freak and good citizen. Saw him on a grassy patch of ground next to the bus stop where we were waiting for the return bus. Dug a small hole in the ground, poo'd and then pushed the soil back into the hole. Went back to the hole 3 times and each time pushed more soil in until he was satisfied with his work Pic snapped as he was leaving.

#5 was the only "house" cat of the 15-20 we saw.

Free roamers

Free roamers

Free roamers

Free roamers

Free roamers

Re: Free roamers

I think, Bobo, I would crop the first shot tighter to remove a lot of that object in the bottom left corner which I find to be distracting from the sleeping cat.

The second image is an excellent action shot.

Real Name
    Philip

Bobo, the colour balance of these images doesn't seem quite right to me - what I would imagine to be the white parts of the fur appears to have a yellow tint. As photographs, I like 4 and 5 - 4 is an endearing portrait, and 5 makes me think that action is imminent - he looks totally focused for attack!

Philip

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

Quote Originally Posted by Bobobird View Post
    #4 is a clean freak and good citizen. Saw him on a grassy patch of ground next to the bus stop where we were waiting for the return bus. Dug a small hole in the ground, poo'd and then pushed the soil back into the hole. Went back to the hole 3 times and each time pushed more soil in until he was satisfied with his work Pic snapped as he was leaving.
    Yeah - great, except we have 4 cats that all do it on my lawn - still, better that than the neighbours lawn, I suppose (they are our cats afterall).

I agree the WB is off.

For me, #4 and #5 are best, but both cropped a little tight.

HTH,

Real Name
    Bobo

Thanks guys, appreciate the c&c.

Agreed WB is off. Camera was set to cloudy and I forgot to adjust that during conversion from RAW. Looked ok to me at the time as the yellow cast appeared to complement the cat colours but apparently not.

Will redo.

Real Name
    John Wright

They cover their poo so as not to attract predators not because they're particularly clean which a lot of people think is the reason. Striking colours, they certainly have a presence about them.

Real Name
    Bobo

Thanks John.

Makes sense.