Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Lensbaby Question

Real Name
    Maja or Molly

Lensbaby Question

I have been thinking for quite a while of purchasing a Lensbaby lens. I love the look that you get with them. But, my camera, Nikon D60, will only function in manual mode with the Lensbaby lens. Now, I have very little experience shooting in manual. Typically I shoot in aperture priority. The Lensbaby site, says that it won't meter with my camera... I'm not even sure what that means.

If anyone has any experience or helpful opinions I would love to hear them!

Real Name
    Ganesan

Re: Lensbaby Question

hi,
    I have Lensbaby muse for my Pentax-K5 since Sep2011.I purchased this when i bought my camera.
    As for my opinion using lensbaby itself needs some additional work.
    whenever you want different kind of output you need to try with changing accessories(telephoto, macro,..) and customized aperture disk,...
    some times optics(single or double or soft)......

Though i am not a expert in photography, i can tell ...
    "if you are ready to give effort for all of above in the field, then using manual mode of an DSLR is not a big problem.
    You can easily fit with that.

I am happy if i add something to your knowledge..

What it means in simple terms is that there is no aperture setting on the lens so the camera can't work out the shutter speed. All you need to do is set the camera in manual and adjust the shutter speed until the preview image looks good. Its that simple, even if it takes you a few tries. Once you have the shutter speed set, you shouldn't need to adjust it very much unless the lighting changes e.g. it gets dark.

HTH

Real Name
    Maja or Molly

Quote Originally Posted by PentaxK5ian View Post
    hi,
    I have Lensbaby muse for my Pentax-K5 since Sep2011.I purchased this when i bought my camera.
    As for my opinion using lensbaby itself needs some additional work.
    whenever you want different kind of output you need to try with changing accessories(telephoto, macro,..) and customized aperture disk,...
    some times optics(single or double or soft)......

Though i am not a expert in photography, i can tell ...
    "if you are ready to give effort for all of above in the field, then using manual mode of an DSLR is not a big problem.
    You can easily fit with that.

I am happy if i add something to your knowledge..
    Thank you, Ganesan.

Real Name
    Maja or Molly

Quote Originally Posted by JonathanC View Post
    What it means in simple terms is that there is no aperture setting on the lens so the camera can't work out the shutter speed. All you need to do is set the camera in manual and adjust the shutter speed until the preview image looks good. Its that simple, even if it takes you a few tries. Once you have the shutter speed set, you shouldn't need to adjust it very much unless the lighting changes e.g. it gets dark.

HTH
    Thank you, Jonathan. One silly question... when you say preview, do you mean what I see through the viewfinder after adjusting the settings and focus?