Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: C&C welcomed 1st human subject

Real Name
    james

C&C welcomed 1st human subject

I have been very reluctant to photograph people,but my cousin asked me to take pictures of her daughter in the marching band. These pictures were taking at night with my canon t2i, 400mm L , av 5.6 , tv 250. 3200 iso. Last 2 were taking iso 1600 tv 160. I used a monopod and shot from about 80meters away up in stadium. Post prod. consisted of a little sharpening,cropping,and cloning out unwanted feet and trash on field. How did I do?C&C welcomed 1st human subject C&C welcomed 1st human subject C&C welcomed 1st human subject C&C welcomed 1st human subject C&C welcomed 1st human subject C&C welcomed 1st human subject

Real Name
    Chriss Goyenechea

Re: C&C welcomed 1st human subject

Man that lens just made it look that you're on the field with them

#2, #3, and #5 are my fav on this set.

The first 3 are excellent. The 4th and 6th are a bit blurred.

I wonder if that was slight camera shake.

The 5th is also sharp, although not quite so good a camera angle on the face. But that is the fault of your subject not you; there was nothing that you could do about it.

Real Name
    Scott Benz

"1st Human Subject" sounded a bit like a clandestine human cloning project. Your Cousin's Daughter with trumpet ablare is much better!

Good shots and tough ones to get right. I would say your biggest battle was the markers on the field and what look to be the shadows of the other band members. I like #3 as the background isn't too busy, there is motion to her right, her eyes are intense and visible and the focus looks spot on. I also like #5. The shadows on the field could be cloned out if you so choose but this image looks to have been taken during one of those dramatic pauses and her position suits the moment with head down slightly and the shadow falling across her face.

My only other thought would be to work on the colors a bit. The grass could use a little more green. I don't know what the school colors are especially the red so I can't tell if it could use a little adjustment or not.

Just a few thoughts and nice work.

Real Name
    james

Thanks all for your comments I feel pretty good about these pics. I wish I couldve used a lower ISO, or faster speed to prevent the shake better.I also wish I wouldve shot in raw mode for my post prod. Thanks again.