Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: HDR and bluebells

HDR and bluebells

I hear that the bluebells are out around here. Thought I might go out at the w/e (esp if it's raining) and take some shots using HDR. Bluebells should be a good subject should n't they??? Anybody got any good examples???

Cheers,

DM

Re: HDR and bluebells

Why do you think blubells are a good subject for HDR? HDR stands for high dynamic range, i.e. scenes with a big gap of luminosity between the highlights and deepest shadows. It has nothing to do with colour, which is what I think you are thinking of.

BR

Real Name
    Chris

agree with Guilliermo, no need for HDR; a couple of examples for you to surpass (only please do use Safari & view 'original size' as it is necessary to get the proper colour, even if it did come out of a Canon - or drag it off & view in PP prog set to Adobe RGB):
    HDR and bluebells
    and the next one which I think I slightly prefer mesel
    http://www.pbase.com/crisscross/imag...9/original.jpg
    May be a bit early unless you live in warm sheltered area?
    Last edited by crisscross; 15th April 2009 at 09:16 PM.

But if you choose your subject wisely and look for strong sunlight coming through the woodland canopy it might still be an interesting experiment.

I always have difficulty getting good focus and exposure with bluebells.

When I've attempted (read: made a hash of) photographing bluebells before I've never captures them the way I hoped. I remember the high contrast has been one of my downfalls. maybe I just need a rainy day??

DM

Real Name
    Chris

I was going to give Bluebells a miss this year and there seem to be guys with great tripods in the way of the classic acres-of-em shooting, but here are a couple of small groups that jumped out of the woods at me today; not sure if I prefer the reversion group or the rather nice curliques on the pure blue CC welcome

HDR and bluebells
    HDR and bluebells