Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Meow

Real Name
    Hero

Meow

My girlfriend's pretty cat doing what she's good at.

Meow

And a big reason I like VR so much

And just for giggles, her daughter trying hard to be as ugly as a gremlin.

Meow

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Re: Meow

Quote Originally Posted by Hero View Post
    Meow
    I like that very much. The simplicity of the elements (wall, cat and door) give it its strength, in my opinion. Beautifully put together.

I wondered about cropping it further, to retain the same ratio, but to lose that line of the indent on the wall running up the left hand side? I don't think that would take the cat's head too near to the left-hand side.

Real Name
    Hero

Re: Meow

Thanks for the feedback Donald,

I have been pondering the same thing. I already cloned out the door-handle and a few other bits an' bops, but then the repeating vertical lines struck me (small- and wide strip of the doors in the background and the small- and wide strip of the window in front) and made me crop the image as it is now. It somehow just felt correct to me.

It's a pity that I was so much lower than the cat when I took this picture. I tried to correct the perspective, but when I did the cat looked like it started to tip over, so that's the reason the lines aren't completely vertical (something to take in account next time I try to take such a picture)

Anyways, I'm pondering on putting this picture in a non-rectangular frame so it'll lose the straight reference-lines of the frame.