Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: 60 Diamond Minutes

60 Diamond Minutes

60 Diamond Minutes

I forgot what I did with this picture. I was trying to learn HDR using one photo and that's the result...I cheated.

Real Name
    Dave Ellis

Re: 60 Diamond Minutes

Hi Al

That's a very nice tranquil image - something you would see a fair bit of in the Philippines I would imagine (palm trees, tropical sunsets over the sea etc) - I want to visit

I assume it's a sunset rather than a sunrise ?

I dont think you've overdone the tone mapping but I would have thought the image may not have needed it ?

Cheers Dave

Quote Originally Posted by dje View Post
    Hi Al

That's a very nice tranquil image - something you would see a fair bit of in the Philippines I would imagine (palm trees, tropical sunsets over the sea etc) - I want to visit

I assume it's a sunset rather than a sunrise ?

I dont think you've overdone the tone mapping but I would have thought the image may not have needed it ?

Cheers Dave
    Hi Dave, thank you for viewing. And you're right that's a picture of sunset somewhere in the southern part of the Philippines. It was taken last summer, and I missed watching sunset because it's typhoon season here at present. Of course you can visit the country anytime but I would suggest to you to come during summer which starts on February until May.

Real Name
    Frank Miller

Hi Al, nice treatment. I often use tonemapping on single exposures to pull wider tonal ranges. Nice job!
    60 Diamond Minutes

Quote Originally Posted by FrankMi View Post
    Hi Al, nice treatment. I often use tonemapping on single exposures to pull wider tonal ranges. Nice job!
    60 Diamond Minutes
    Really Frank? Wow, thank you!