Selection of My First Urban Images

Real Name
    Paul

Re: Selection of My First Urban Images

i'm loving number one.but for me i would of straighten the wall a bit.(but it could be my dodgy monitor)

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

Hi Steve,

Yeah, number 1 for me too as a favourite.

I wonder what #2 looks like with non-converging verticals - it may destroy the shot's "reality" look though.

I know what you mean bootsy, but having zoomed in enormously and compared to edge of my screen, I think the photo is straight and the wall goes in and out (quite a bit).

I know that problem, been doing lot of PP today and trying to reconcile an un-straight world into decent looking images.

Nice series Steve, well done,

I think it may be an optical illusion caused by the window. When I hold a straight edge against the screen everything looks square and even.

I assume that is a traditional phone box behind the undergrowth. Just wonder if it would look better with a different crop to loose the part of a sloping upright on the right hand side so that the horizontals disappeared off the page.

To me, that is throwing everything askew.

No1 was as vertical as I could get it using the grids in GIMP. I must admit it has had me looking again and again.I think it may well be the window.

Image No2 is actually a ranger station on the Mersey Forest Park near my home (below). The light was poor and the original image under exposed. Serve me right for leaving home with a monopod only

Really nice shots, I just never seem to 'see' this kind of result in front of me when taking shots in urban areas.

I think there is a bit of optical illusion going on in shot one, the wall does slightly curve in and out a little around the window area, I didn't notice it until bootsy pointed it out to be honest.