Lisa

Seed Head Series

Which do you prefer, and why?

Seed Head Series

Seed Head Series

Seed Head Series

Seed Head Series

Seed Head Series

A most interesting subject, but I struggled to decide how to show it at it's best. Looking for artistic as opposed to technical feedback if you have the time. Thank you

Real Name
    Michael

Re: Seed Head Series

Love # 4....Dark center attracts my eye, will looking through, and at, the generally even spread of the arms , branching out. I has more of an artistic feeling about it.....my # 2 would be # 1.

Real Name
    Scott Benz

Lisa,

Cool subject. From an artistic standpoint I prefer #1. I find the seed head to be somewhat orderly, while the grain of the wood (?) and various imperfections therein sort of frame the object with a sublte randomness.

Deep in the heart of Texas and Fort Wayne Indiana
    Real Name
    Kristianna-Marie - I listen to Kris too.....

Quote Originally Posted by epmi314 View Post
    Lisa,

Cool subject. From an artistic standpoint I prefer #1. I find the seed head to be somewhat orderly, while the grain of the wood (?) and various imperfections therein sort of frame the object with a sublte randomness.
    I totally agree!

Real Name
    Mike

Lisa, being right eye dominant I was having trouble staying focused on the pod in #1, so I
    saved it to my desktop and then inverted it....and found a very unique perspective.

#'s 1 and 2 are my choices..the B&W is nice, but doesn't stand out like the others.

Mike

Real Name
    Scott Benz

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzy View Post
    Lisa, being right eye dominant I was having trouble staying focused on the pod in #1, so I
    saved it to my desktop and then inverted it....and found a very unique perspective.

#'s 1 and 2 are my choices..the B&W is nice, but doesn't stand out like the others.

Mike
    Mike, I find your reference to ocular dominance in relation to photography very interesting. If about two-thirds of the univerise is right eye dominant, should we consider that when shooting and editing? I wonder if this subject has ever come up on CIC before? Perhaps one of our Sages would recall...

Lisa,
    I like all of your pictures......but,#4 is my favorite because, for me, it is a bit abstract and has a feeling of movement....like popcorn popping.
    Chris
    Last edited by eyetunes; 27th September 2011 at 11:34 AM.

Real Name
    Wendy

Hi Lisa:

1 & 4 get my vote. I think I would crop #1 though to remove the dark patches - or clone them out.

#2 is nice but I don't like the band at the bottom and cropping is not a solution as then it just looks cut off, which is my reason for not liking #3. The B&W is nice, but I strongly prefer the coloured versions.

Conclusion: #4 is my favourite as is. I like how eyetunes (Chris) described it as having a feeling of movement, like popcorn popping. I would never have thought of that, my observation was that I liked the use of DOF, but Chris's analogy describes it perfectly.

Nice work
    Wendy