Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Street Photography

Real Name
    John

Street Photography

This gentleman offers courses in Street Photography. What I found interesting, and if you have about two months to go through them, was the posted images from his students. I am only on the first set from Argentina. Aaah the memories.

http://www.peterturnley.com/students.html

up on a knob above Paden City, West Virginia
    Real Name
    Marie Hass

Re: Street Photography

Thanks for displaying this link, John. I really enjoyed going through some of the pictures also. These are places I have not been, accessible at street level. A pun. lols.

Marie

Real Name
    John

Quote Originally Posted by Marie Hass View Post
    Thanks for displaying this link, John. I really enjoyed going through some of the pictures also. These are places I have not been, accessible at street level. A pun. lols.

Marie
    Marie,

At the very least, a reason to expand your horizons. Doesn't have to be so far either. I love experiencing the flavors of the next town away from mine.

Real Name
    Richard

WOW! John I love this site...

This is the type of photography I like to shoot and like to view. Generally tours appear to be designed to see the buildings, monuments and landscapes of a country, totally ignoring the people who are, to me, the most interesting part of any nation. These tours appear to be people oriented. I would love to join one. However, just kicking around the streets with a guidebook in my pocket and my cameras over my shoulder is a lot less expensive way to get images of local color...

I suspect, however, that there are some photographers who are a bit shy at shooting images of people. This type of tour would be a great immersion into "people photography" which is generally what "street photography" is all about!

Real Name
    John

Quote Originally Posted by rpcrowe View Post
    WOW! John I love this site...

This is the type of photography I like to shoot and like to view. Generally tours appear to be designed to see the buildings, monuments and landscapes of a country, totally ignoring the people who are, to me, the most interesting part of any nation. These tours appear to be people oriented. I would love to join one. However, just kicking around the streets with a guidebook in my pocket and my cameras over my shoulder is a lot less expensive way to get images of local color...

I suspect, however, that there are some photographers who are a bit shy at shooting images of people. This type of tour would be a great immersion into "people photography" which is generally what "street photography" is all about!
    Richard,

Finally saw your post and yes I agree that this would be an enjoyable way to see different places and also help photographers overcome their inhibitions. Although I will wager that there will always be at least one photographer in the group who will need more encouragement to just let go and click away, provided they follow a few guidelines such as composition, exposure settings, etc.

Real Name
    Richard

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowman View Post
    This gentleman offers courses in Street Photography. What I found interesting, and if you have about two months to go through them, was the posted images from his students. I am only on the first set from Argentina. Aaah the memories.

http://www.peterturnley.com/students.html
    Wow! Some very nice images here. And... although I do like the work of the students, Peter Turnley's collection of photo essays (link at top right of screen) are nothing short of spectacular. That is some of the best work I have ever seen - both from a technical and an emotional point of view...

Real Name
    Marcus

That's a valuable link, John. Was a lot of fun diving through that nice collection with many marvelous pictures!

Real Name
    Ric

Your correct there, to many fantastic photos to link!!!! man to be quite frank tho, that bloke has balls of steal!