Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Duet Squared

Duet Squared

Duet Squared

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Re: Duet Squared

Giannis

I very much like the idea of this image, but I wonder if the lady and the child are too close to the edge? The gap between the respective pairs of people does allow us to look through the gap and into the distance. However, I wonder if the gap is so large that our eyes are confused by the need to jump between the pair on the left and the pair on the right?

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    The gap between the respective pairs of people does allow us to look through the gap and into the distance. However, I wonder if the gap is so large that our eyes are confused by the need to jump between the pair on the left and the pair on the right?
    Isn't that what the pier is for to take your eye across to the right

I thought it was (is) amazingly well observed and captured Giannis.

Although, me being me, I would clone out the dark object behind the pair on left 'connecting' them to the edge of frame and while there yes, I might add on a few more pixels in a canvas stretch.

Cheers,

Thank you Donald and Dave for the feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Humphries View Post
    Although, me being me, I would clone out the dark object behind the pair on left 'connecting' them to the edge of frame and while there yes, I might add on a few more pixels in a canvas stretch.
    You are both right about the space between the lady and the edge. I was in a somewhat difficult (physical) position to shoot correctly and keep track of everything in the frame, so I only managed to control the basic composition. (Am I making any sense?)
    Also, I had to act quickly and because of that the horizon was far than horizontal and I was forced to loose some space on the left. Maybe next time...

About the dark object (tree), it is definitely a distraction that I don't know how to solve. This is a spot that I often choose to take photos and if I remove the tree I may have to remove it from all other photos at the same place. Maybe I'll chop it down...

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

Quote Originally Posted by manthos View Post
    Maybe I'll chop it down...
    Initiative, that's what we like to see