Wheels
    Wheels
    Wheels
    Wings
    Wheels

Real Name
    Brian

Re: Wheels

John, these are definitely some dope ridez!
    I would have liked to have been there. Oddly, 'hot wheels' draws most of my attention, I think only due to the expression on that lady's face! That's a cool pic. 'wings' definitely gets my attention too.
    Thank you for sharing these pictures.

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

Hi John,

A good record of the event.

Possibly using a wider aperture to separate subjects from the unavoidably busy backgrounds might have been worth trying.
    That said, I did spend time looking at your architecture in the backgrounds of several shots, so maybe it did me a favour.

Here's something to think about: on processions like this, do members think it is better to find one spot (hopefully with a suitable not-too-busy background) stay there and shoot everything from virtually the same angle, or, crowds permitting, walk the route with the procession so each is against a different background?

Real Name
    John

Quote Originally Posted by speedneeder View Post
    John, these are definitely some dope ridez!
    I would have liked to have been there. Oddly, 'hot wheels' draws most of my attention, I think only due to the expression on that lady's face! That's a cool pic. 'wings' definitely gets my attention too.
    Thank you for sharing these pictures.
    Brian,

Thanks for the comments.

Real Name
    John

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Humphries View Post
    Hi John,

A good record of the event.

Possibly using a wider aperture to separate subjects from the unavoidably busy backgrounds might have been worth trying.
    That said, I did spend time looking at your architecture in the backgrounds of several shots, so maybe it did me a favour.

Here's something to think about: on processions like this, do members think it is better to find one spot (hopefully with a suitable not-too-busy background) stay there and shoot everything from virtually the same angle, or, crowds permitting, walk the route with the procession so each is against a different background?
    Dave,

Suggestions noted. I did scope out the area first and the more the parade was delayed in starting, the more likely that key vantage points were filled with spectators. So I chose a spot along the route that was less populated and hoped for the best. One thing that is hard to avoid in a situation like this is the possibility of being jostled or have someone's head pop into frame at that key moment.

Real Name
    David Duffy

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Humphries View Post
    on processions like this, do members think it is better to find one spot (hopefully with a suitable not-too-busy background) stay there and shoot everything from virtually the same angle, or, crowds permitting, walk the route with the procession so each is against a different background?
    I think crowds of any kind are exciting but tricky challenges to photograph. To do better than snapshots I find I have to try to be creative - get down low, stand on something high, zoom in on details, definitely blur out distractions, and all working quickly... I recently took pics of a parade in a local town (a gala as they call them up here) and found myself dashing around and dodging traffic even though the parade was moving at a stately pace. Lots of fun, though, and great practice.