Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Chilling in the springs

Real Name
    Ron

Chilling in the springs

Went to Juniper Springs State Park today and happen to catch this guy just floating around in Fern Hammock Springs which is part of the state park.He wasn't to concerned about having his photo taken as there where a few others doing the same thing.Have other images of him to post at a later date when i finish pp them.C&C are very welcome.Thanks for viewing...Ron

Chilling in the springs

Real Name
    Bill S

Re: Chilling in the springs

Ron,

Nice shot. I know you were probably limited with positioning options, but I feel the shot is a little tight, and the grasses intruding from the right are a little distracting. Like I said, I figure your positioning options were limited, so take these comments with a grain of salt.

More critically are the reflections on the water that are obscuring large portions of the gator and producing hot spots in the shot. If this is the kind of stuff you think you'll shoot often, you might want to consider picking up a circular polarizing filter. It is a filter that simply can't be replicated in PP and the effects of removing that glare and reflection on water would definitely bring a lot of vibrancy and depth back into this shot.

And most important of all, I absolutely can't believe you didn't go remove the leaf from this fella's back and the one floating by his head...

Nice shot, Ron - looking forward to the others.

- Bill

Real Name
    Frank Miller

Hi Ron, I love the clarity of the water but the colors look a bit intense based on what I'd expect to see. On the other hand, I wasn't there and this may be exactly what you saw. Nature has a way of pleasantly surprising us with vibrant colors from time to time.

I don't think I mind the leaves, they look natural to me in this setting. The option probably wasn't there but if it were, I'd love to see what he would look like with a lower camera angle and more of the tail showing.

Real Name
    Wendy

Great shot, I look forward to seeing the rest when you have them finished.

Great pic of this wild critter. The reflections & grass don't bother me. Of course, you could have asked him to strike a better pose... what? With the end of the tail in the image. Looking forward to other pictures.

Nihia