Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Thinking...

Real Name
    Willie or Jiro is fine by me.

Thinking...

A shot I made of my daughter in deep thought, thinking so serious about something.

Thinking...

To my friends at CiC, I'll be going away for a while as there are some new turn of events that happened in my personal life. Whenever I could I'll still be posting and keeping in touch here from time to time. Just like my daughter, I have a lot of serious things to think of right now. Thank you very much for all the help I got since I joined CiC and for all the wonderful friendship I gained here. Thank you all.
    Last edited by jiro; 5th September 2011 at 01:19 AM.

Real Name
    John

Re: Thinking...

Quote Originally Posted by jiro View Post
    A shot I made of my daughter in deep thought, thinking so serious about something.

Thinking...

To my friends at CiC, I'll be going away for a while as there are some new turn of events that happened in my personal life. Whenever I could I'll still be posting and keeping in touch here from time to time. Just like my daughter, I have a lot of serious things to think of right now. Thank you very much for all the help I got since I joined CiC and for all the wonderful friendship I gained here. Kindly do not post a reply as I won't be responding directly. Thank you all.
    Jiro,

Best wishes and hope to hear from you soon!

Real Name
    Tommy

Lovely pic Willie. your daughter is beauriful

Quote Originally Posted by jiro View Post
    To my friends at CiC, I'll be going away for a while as there are some new turn of events that happened in my personal life. Whenever I could I'll still be posting and keeping in touch here from time to time. Just like my daughter, I have a lot of serious things to think of right now. Thank you very much for all the help I got since I joined CiC and for all the wonderful friendship I gained here. Kindly do not post a reply as I won't be responding directly. Thank you all.
    I know you said don't post a reply but I couldn't help it, and you don't need to respond to me. I just want to wish you all the best in whatever challenges you are facing right now. You have been more than helpful to me and many others on this site and your images have been and will continue to be a massive inspiration to us all.

Please keep in touch man.

Tommy

Real Name
    Chuck Nelson

Very nice, I like the dramatic lighting...it goes with her thinking pose.

Chuck

Real Name
    Frank Miller

Willie, I hope that when you say that you won't be responging directly that at some point you will get to see the fairwell posts that your friends at CiC post. You have helped so many of us here that we want you to know how much we appreciate all that you have done for us. Where ever life takes you, our thoughts go with you. Take care my friend, I'll miss you.

Real Name
    Willie or Jiro is fine by me.

In as much as I want to, I believe some recent posts at the forum demands some glimpse as to why i decided to refrain from being too active at the forum for a while. For one thing, there are too many curved balls thrown at me lately regarding my personal life that it'd be harder for me to browse the forum as frequent as I could and maintain my participation just like before. I don't have to explain what they are so I hope you all understand the privacy of the matter.

On the second matter, I think I had hit my plateau regarding my photographic journey. I really think I need to slow down, think about how I want my photography to grow and where does my photography leads me. All the more, I am finding myself drawn strongly about photographing people so I guess I need to study more about this kind of photography. I guess being bombarded with too many emotional conflicts makes me unable to avoid showing or expressing it on my recent images. Lastly, on a personal plea, kindly do not label us as cancer cells or whatever. My personal decision to "go away for a while" was not about other people. It was more of a personal struggle. I think I am old enough to know myself if I am acting childish and being affected by what is happening around me without assessing the situation first.

Just for the record, I am a previous moderator of another forum and my zeal in keeping that forum to run smoothly means dealing with people from all walks of life. From super rich individuals who can buy the latest gadgets to simple people like me who can only afford to make our own DIY stuff to enjoy that hobby. I also deal with people who knows nothing about consideration but to only show how excellent they are or how good they are compared to ordinary guys who seem to really find it hard to understand how things simply works. Whatever is their background, I see to it that all individuals are treated with respect. The only issue that prompted me to resign from that forum as a moderator was when a certain individual who holds a PhD in physics (well, that's what he claimed) lambasted in public a certain member with no sufficient merit. Later on, after considerable hours and days trying to read between the lines regarding their posts, I was able to realize that this egotistical guy simply wants to show how good he is regardless of the issue at hand. In the end, I simply decided to leave for my own good. My reason? You can't simply reason out with a guy who only believes in himself. I felt some regret leaving that forum but later on my enthusiasm for that kind of hobby subsided. Life goes on as what they say. After some time, even your so called friends doesn't remember you anymore. However, I have to say, some of the friends that I have gained here at CiC are really good individuals who are not afraid to critic my work because they want me to grow more. That gift is good enough for me to treasure much in life and I value friendship a lot.

So, I implore you all, kindly do not exacerbate the issue with me or other people leaving. I don't have to explain everything nor do they. I don't even know their own personal reasons and so what I can only do is to respect them of their decisions. The only reason I posted this is to render RESPECT to you all for helping me in one way or another. Not to make it sensational or gain sympathy but more of a personal respect. If you would all really understand my last post, I told that I would go away for awhile, not forever. Again, I bid you good will and I hope that with this explanation I could rest my weary mind and heart to deal with more important matters and how to resolve my personal struggles. Thank you very much.

In good faith, let me share another image that I recently worked on again using a very crudely made 12-inch softbox.

Thinking...

Kind regards to you all.
    Last edited by jiro; 5th September 2011 at 02:28 AM.

Oh, thank you, Willie! Thank you, thank you, thank you for expressing this with your usual graciousness, heart, kindness and genuine respect to all. You are an amazing man!

Willie,
    I hope that whatever personal issues you're being faced with resolve in a positive way very soon. I know how hard things can weigh us down!
    You have been a true inspiration to me and others. I hold you in the highest regard and I do hope to see you back here soon because I have already learned so much from you and can't wait to learn more!
    Good luck in your journeys and if you need anything - don't hesitate to ask!
    frankie

Real Name
    Paul

Good luck and best wishes Willie. Hope to see you pop in now and again as I will be around more in the near future.....hopefully. =}

Real Name
    Mike

Willie, I certainly meant no offense to you, or anyone else with my comment, and sincerely apologize if I have offended you in any way. I simply hate it when good people leave. 'Nuff said.

I have huge respect for you, and wish you only the very best in whatever endeavors pass your way in the future. Sincerely hoping that the situation will improve for you, allowing you time once again to pursue your passions.

Mike

Real Name
    Richard

As an old Navy saying goes, "I wish you fair winds and following seas" in all your life's ventures...

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

Hi Willie,

I'd also just like to say we'll miss you and say thank you for all the help you have given us.

Wishing you and family well,

Real Name
    Frank Miller

I for one, am looking forward to the day when you will be able to return to CiC. Until then, take good care of yourself.

Real Name
    Mike

Who will do the stormtrooper action shots now? Good luck Willie and all the best!

Real Name
    Lon Howard

Willie,

Just saw this ... two days late and five dollars short. Thanks for your kind and considerate words to myself and others, and for a few great images too! My best wishes are with you as you sort out the challenges you have, and I eagerly look forward to your return. Good luck, my friend.

Jiro....
    I dont get to the forum every day but I have always enjoyed your posts. The post production improvements to others images have been amazing. I have often wanted to get your insight in how you go about working with those pp improvements, as I'm sure many others have, but haven't followed up on that impulse. I will miss seeing you here, but wish you continued happiness and success in life's journey.....thank you, Sabe