Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Salou, Spain

Real Name
    Paul

Salou, Spain

Anyone been ? Currently here now and looking for some places to try out my big stopper ! Anyone recommend any locations ?

Real Name
    John

Re: Salou, Spain

Quote Originally Posted by Ruffy View Post
    Anyone been ? Currently here now and looking for some places to try out my big stopper ! Anyone recommend any locations ?
    Find the city center or town square, especially around noon and dusk. I haven't been to this particular city but I have been to many European cities and the ritual is the same all over.

Real Name
    George

Cap Salou - rocky headland landscape/fishing etc.

La Pineda - long beach with sand dunes/hang gliding/wildlife

Port Aventura - theme park/rollercoaster rides etc. - Marina - long sandy beach between marina and breakwater at Cambrils - surfing/sailboarding/sailing

Playa Larga - Beach with trees behind - Chiringuito

are you on foot or will you have transport? All above locations are easiliy reached from Salou town . . . . good local bus services as well . . . . . you also have the town locations as well . . . . oh, and BTW IMHO I would classify Salou as a town rather than a city . . .

Various other small beaches/inlets accessible with transport or on foot if you are reasonably active and don't mind a bit of a hike.

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

Hi Paul,

Try google maps link from here for an aerial view - useful for judging best times of day with regard to sun angle and sunrise/sunsets from coast lines (relative to compass points, not the shadows in images as we don't know when they were shot).

Sorry; "big stopper"??? you lost me

Cheers (and have a good trip),