Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Ninanatives Homeless Project

Real Name
    Chris

Ninanatives Homeless Project

In preparation for a project tied to a potential college scholarship, Nina has enjoined in an effort to attempt in some measure to provide a sense of personal identity to our area's homeless population. This is a project quite near to her heart as last winter, she too was declared by the state as a homeless independent student under the age of 18.

She is currently getting living assistance to help her get through her senior year of high school with a decent roof over her head and regular meals, etc. Nina is an honors student despite her past circumstances and her desire to attend college is pretty overwhelming.

I have been so blessed to have her in my life and am quite proud to watch her grow as a photographer and an extraordinary young lady. She makes every day a new adventure (especially when teaching her to drive a stick shift, small truck). Please give her all the encouragement you can in ways that will propel her photographic growth. I am but one voice.

And the shot...."Her Brother's Love"

Of all the shots in this series submitted by Nina, this is the only one I've PP'ed without me sitting next to her providing some guidance in the process but only because it required so little extra work.
    Last edited by MiniChris; 2nd September 2011 at 03:36 AM.

Real Name
    Ron

Re: Ninanatives Homeless Project

A very heart warming story Chris.I have been impressed by her work that i have seen on this site and i wish her all the best in her pursuit of a photographic career.From what you have posted here she must be a highly motivated person to be an honors student coming from the situation she was in.Thanks for sharing this story and give her a thumbs up from me...Ron

Real Name
    Maja or Molly

What an amazing young woman she must be. I bet that the you are a blessing to each other. I have enjoyed watching her progress and growth. Not only am I sending an encouraging word, but a big hug from my 'momma's heart' to her.

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Quote Originally Posted by MiniChris View Post
    Chris

I hope Nina will be looking in on this thread.

That's a super documentary image. I love the emotion and genuine expression of love that is simply and without any artificiality, displayed by the two subjects.

It's an image that makes you feel good about the love that people can have for one and other.

And, so far as Nina's approach to photography is concerned, I'm not sure that image could have been achieved unless the photographer had done something to gain the confidence of the people she was photographing, as well as enabling them to build up a trust that she would respect them in the images that she produced.

It's very good stuff.