Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Precarious Position

Real Name
    Racheal

Precarious Position

Precarious Position

Comments, Recommendations, Criticism, Please!! I have just a regular Kodak digital camera, the C182. I have minimalistic editing software, which I can use to crop and re-size. Someday, I will have a software suite but, until then, any comments and whatnot on the pictures as they are would be greatly appreciated!! Thank you

Photo taken July 9, 2011. Starring a Toyota rock crawling rig, and my loving Hubby behind the wheel (but you can only barely see the brim of his ball cap). Taken just south of Silver City, New Mexico.

Real Name
    Willie or Jiro is fine by me.

Re: Precarious Position

I like the shot, Rachael. Considering that it came from a Point and Shoot camera I think you did a very good job on this one. There are issues with the shot like blown highlights (the very bright areas on the shot), soft focus, etc. but as I have said considering the limitations of the camera you used this is good. That kind of off-road truck competition sports is expensive so perhaps you can convince your hubby to buy you a used DSLR camera so you can take better pictures of him. Hahaha! I am using an obsolete model, a Nikon D70 but it serves me well since I am still trying to learn a lot about digital photography.

Here's a quick edit using adobe photoshop:

Precarious Position

Keep on shooting and good luck.

Real Name
    Racheal

Re: Precarious Position

That would be wonderful, Jiro. Unfortunately, this is our friend's rig. He just drove for the day :P Ours has been in process for almost a year after someone wanted to buy it, took it and messed up all kinds of things, didn't pay for any of it, and it has been sitting in parts since then. haha.

Edit: Oh, and thank you! :P