Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: A couple B&W photo's...

Real Name
    Ron

A couple B&W photo's...

That i worked on recently and posted in the mini comp's that i'm posting here for some C&C.The first one was taken at the house using a thread spool to hold the bulb in place and the second is from a trip to the zoo in Jacksonville.Feel free to comment on these photo's.Thanks...Ron

A couple B&W photo's...

A couple B&W photo's...

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Re: A couple B&W photo's...

Quote Originally Posted by Rasbury View Post
    A couple B&W photo's...
    I think this is a well executed image, although it could maybe have withstood slightly harder lighting to one side to create more a shadow and, thereby generate more definition. But that's a debatable point. More significant, I feel, is that it feels as if the ligthtbulb is squeezed into the frame. There's no room to breath around it. I wondered what ti would be like with just a bit more space at the sides and on top?

Quote Originally Posted by Rasbury View Post
    A couple B&W photo's...
    I can see where you were headed with this. But even with an abstract picture like this, I think there has to be some primary point of interest upon which the eye alights as it's starting point on a journey around the image. I don't feel that this one has that. As a result, the eye hits the image in wandering mode, looking where to start from. This is one set of thoughts. I'd like to read what others think. I have been known to be wrong!

Real Name
    Ron

Re: A couple B&W photo's...

Thanks Donald.I'll have to go back and look at the light bulb photo as i don't think there is much more room on the sides of the image.( The bulb was not centered in the sooc photo and posed a problem trying to center it in the final image).The second image's point of interest is the section running left to right in the center of the photo, but i can see what you're talking about.I'll go back and burn in the lighter leaves just a tad to draw more attention to the center.Thanks again for the comments...Ron