Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Exif data

Real Name
    Lewis Howell

Exif data

Hi there,

Can anyone help me, i'm looking through all the fantastic pictures people have posted on this site but i'm unable to find away of viewing the Exif data.... any ideas ?

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Re: Exif data

Lewis

Are you meaning that you can see some images with EXIF data and some without, or is it that you don't know how to see EXIF data in any of the images?

If the former, some pp software (e.g. the GIMP) strips out EXIF data, meanihng it doesn't get into the final image posted onto CiC.

If the latter - there are EXIF viewers that you can plug in to whatever browser you are using. Just do a search for plug-ins for that browser. Once you get it, it's a case of right clicking on the image and choosing 'View Exif data'

Real Name
    Pierre

Dear Donald,

I don't believe that that is completely the case. I use the same software to upload to Flickr. There one can see my total EXIF-data.
    Every picture I have uploaded to CiC goes without EXIF-data, although I haven't changed anything. It doesn't matter with type of upload if choose.

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

Hi Pierre,

I know any images hosted here at CiC as attachments or in galleries will lose their EXIF data and browser readers cannot recover it because they don't even recognise the url as an image. This is true for some of your images.

However, your Binoculars image is hosted at Flickr and also seems to have been stripped of EXIF data, both here in the thread and when viewed on Flickr here.

Is the metadata page accessible at Flickr for this image?

I find metadata is very fragile, any number of different things can 'lose' it, not always the same thing each time

You may notice I manually type it under each of my images, even though it is available on PBase.

Cheers,

Real Name
    Pierre

When I'm using your link to my binocular, I don't see any EXIF-data.
    However if I use my normal photostream and pick under action "Show Exif" I get everything. As far as I know I haven't disabled it for anyone.
    Attached Images Attached Images