Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Question about Nikon 18-200 VR

Question about Nikon 18-200 VR

Hi.

About this lens, somewhere I read this:

"One minor annoyance is the requirement to turn off the VR prior to turning off my D90 camera. If you don't, you need to turn off the VR, dismount the lens, remount it, turn on the camera, then turn on the VR to re-set it. Otherwise, you'll hear what sounds like something loose in the lens barrel if you shake the camera"

Anybody knows anything about this?

Thanks

Felipe

Real Name
    Chris

Re: Question about Nikon 18-200 VR

read the instructions for both camera and lens carefully and in preference to blogs which may not be correct. If in doubt, log into Nikon and ask them.

I certainly never turn off VR or camera on my D80+80-400VR, but unless someone who has exact combo says anything, check it as above.

According to the instructions for this lens, you shouldn't turn off the camera while the VR is in operation. Switching the camera on again cures this, there is no messing with lens off, lens on again etc.
    The VR shuts down shortly after releasing the shutter button anyway, so its quite hard to get this wrong. If you were writing a blog about getting things to go wierd you might remove the lens while pressing the shutter button half way, but I think that it would be a dumb thing to do so I won't bother about this.
    If you let go of the shutter button before switching the camera off, and leave the lens attached whenever the camera is switched on you'll be fine.

Thanks for answering so clear and so soon