Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Monochrome

Real Name
    Chris

Monochrome

I was reasonably sure this would tend to offend rather than act as a reminder...sorry.
    Last edited by MiniChris; 22nd August 2011 at 01:16 AM. Reason: Withdrawn

Real Name
    Mike

Re: Monochrome

Chris: I saw the same issues as you did, and there is no doubt that sometimes people just want to push the boundaries a bit. In this case, I would presume that those members voting on the competition would also see the incorrect images, and respond accordingly with their voting powers.

I can understand your concerns about accuracy, especially as an instructor. I'm still very new here, but have come to understand that the mini-competitions are just for fun, and IMO they do provide a great opportunity to learn about how others view (or in my case, don't view..lol) our photo's. Am I reading that right, or should I take these competitions to be much more serious?

In my experience as an Admin/Mod elsewhere, I've found that rules issues are typically best managed via PM, and not in the public forums. Often it is a simple misunderstanding, and can easily be corrected privately without offending a good member who simply posted an image in error.

That's my 2 shillings, FWIW, Monochrome

Mike
    Last edited by Dizzy; 22nd August 2011 at 12:20 AM.

Real Name
    Willie or Jiro is fine by me.

Being also a previous Mod from a different forum type, Mike I seconded your opinion.

Real Name
    Mike

Chris, you didn't offend me in the slightest.. Your thoughts were absolutely valid, IMO, however I might have approached it differently, and said as much in my comments. No worries here.

Mike
    Last edited by Dizzy; 22nd August 2011 at 02:46 AM.

Real Name
    Chris

It's all good...sometimes I manage to get a bit heavy-handed with my comments. Still, it would be nice if Sean or someone would do a tutorial on what constitutes the different modalities.