Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: What LCD default settings for calibration?

What LCD default settings for calibration?

Dear All,

Today LCD includes many default contrast /brightness setting such as Text, Movie, photo, dynamic etc.

When using Spyder2 to calibrate this LCD, which setting is suitable or switching off all such setting? I am using NEC 192M

Real Name
    Remco

Re: What LCD default settings for calibration?

Quote Originally Posted by geossl View Post
    Dear All,

Today LCD includes many default contrast /brightness setting such as Text, Movie, photo, dynamic etc.

When using Spyder2 to calibrate this LCD, which setting is suitable or switching off all such setting? I am using NEC 192M
    The idea of calibration is to get the monitor as close as possible to the ideal state as defined by the colour space you are using ( sRGB usually). (And that's helping you a lot... ). So the starting point for me would be to get as close to a neutral point as I can get.

Not knowing your system (OS, etc.), I can only tell how I calibrated and profiled my monitor using Argyllcms with a Huey Pro probe. Before starting the profiling, the Argyll suite gives me the possibility to correct the monitor settings by measuring and reporting a number of values (calibration). Once I've gotten the monitor as close as possible to the ideal settings, the profiling starts to correct for the remaining deviations with sRGB.

Note the difference between calibrating and profiling!
    Calibrating: adjusting the hardware to get as close to your standard as possible
    Profiling: determining the differences between monitor response and ideal values so you can correct the image sent to the monitor

Remco