Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Hidden pond in the woods

Deep in the heart of Texas and Fort Wayne Indiana
    Real Name
    Kristianna-Marie - I listen to Kris too.....

Hidden pond in the woods

I took this photo last spring, before I had my SLR. I was ready to throw it out, but then decided to just go a little wild with filters and blending modes:

Hidden pond in the woods

I kinda liked this effect, but feel free to disagree.

Hidden pond in the woods

I was obviously not looking for "true to nature".

Real Name
    Joe

Re: Hidden pond in the woods

Wow Kris, thats very cool! I like it!

Real Name
    Chris

If you could tone the black down a notch or two, I could like it much better...interesting fun piece.

Real Name

Quote Originally Posted by MiniChris View Post
    If you could tone the black down a notch or two, I could like it much better...interesting fun piece.
    Thanks Chris, I'll play around with it some more. Playing with filters and blending modes is for me the best way to learn what will and will not work.
    I stumbled on some really strange effects that way. I'm planning to post some on flickr soon....

Real Name

Quote Originally Posted by jjbacoomba View Post
    Wow Kris, thats very cool! I like it!
    Thanks. Just a happy accident.

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Quote Originally Posted by Kris V View Post
    Thanks Chris, I'll play around with it some more. Playing with filters and blending modes is for me the best way to learn what will and will not work.
    I stumbled on some really strange effects that way. I'm planning to post some on flickr soon....
    Kris

You're absolutely right. I'm going through something of a learning process at the moment as well. I've written in another post that, after a lot of frustration, I have managed to get my copy of the NIK Silver Efex Pro 2 Black & White conversion software actually working on my computer. And it's a new learning experience.

So, like you, I am just shifting sliders and controls around to see what happens. That's why it's always useful to hold on to old RAW files that you rejected at the time you made them. They make good sources for experimentation.

Real Name

Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    Kris

You're absolutely right. I'm going through something of a learning process at the moment as well. I've written in another post that, after a lot of frustration, I have managed to get my copy of the NIK Silver Efex Pro 2 Black & White conversion software actually working on my computer. And it's a new learning experience.

So, like you, I am just shifting sliders and controls around to see what happens. That's why it's always useful to hold on to old RAW files that you rejected at the time you made them. They make good sources for experimentation.
    This picture was taken with a camera that doesn't shoot in RAW. I actually never expected anything good to come from it, but then I ended with this funky result that I did like.
    Gonna play some more with pictures in my throw-away folder. One layer in the picture I posted actually had been run through Silver FX - I believe I used the Low-key preset and then played with the sliders. The PSD file ended up with 14 layers.
    I'm beginning to enjoy all this experimenting.
    Hmm? 2nd childhood maybe?