Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: RESULTS: Canon -v- Nikon -v- Others: TEAM CHALLENGE - Week ending 22 Mar 09

Real Name
    Have a guess :)

RESULTS: Canon -v- Nikon -v- Others: TEAM CHALLENGE - Week ending 22 Mar 09

Hi Folks,

Another close result with the voting quite spread out amongst a number of images (except mine, darn it!).

But beating out all the rest - on 12 points was Jim B's ...

Close behind - on 10 points - was Jonathan's ...

And in 3rd place - on 8 points - we have Chris's ...

So - for the team result this means ...

... a DRAW with Canon and Nikon on 3 points each (although as a Canon supporter I feel the need to point out that it took 2 Nikon shots to equal 1 Canon shot!) (I Can say that because technically we've still got bragging rights from last week!).

So congratulations to all!
    Last edited by McQ; 22nd February 2010 at 09:19 PM. Reason: fixed broken link

Re: RESULTS: Canon -v- Nikon -v- Others: TEAM CHALLENGE - Week ending 22 Mar 09

Well done Jim, very nice photo, well done runners up too.

Real Name
    Hans

Congratulations everyone.
    Nice Rose Jim!

congrats to Jim and all those darn Canon guys... again...

I'm sure Nikon guys are just too busy taking pictures these days to upload them.

Congratulations to all, especially to Jim for the wonderful rose.

Congratz to all ...Nikons are back from the slumber.. Canons beware

Real Name
    Jim

Thanks, all,for your votes! Competition in the challenges is getting tight.Onward Team Canon

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

Congrats to Jim of course, and also Jonathon, straight in at No.2 in his first week, and we mustn't forget Chris. Well done all.

Well done everyone.

Real Name
    Richard

Nice work !!

Wow I'm very happy to be in such august company, a great boost to the confidence.
    Congratulations to Jim and Chris for those great shots.

Thanks for the votes, this means a lot to me.

Very worthy images. I love the rose, although the Jethro Tull fan a close second for me.

Just a quick question....

Can anyone join in? As far as 35mm goes, I'm all Nikon.

Are there any rules or themes to follow or is it just a case of 'giving it your best shot' (if you'll excuse the pun).

Paul.
    Last edited by Colin Southern; 30th March 2009 at 06:57 PM. Reason: Fix Typo

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

Quote Originally Posted by The Analog Kid View Post
    Can anyone join in? As far as 35mm goes, I'm all Nikon.

Are there any rules or themes to follow or is it just a case of 'giving it your best shot' (if you'll excuse the pun).
    Hi Paul,

Yes, anyone can join in to the weekly challenge, just look for a new thread, in this forum, called "Canon -v- Nikon -v- Others: TEAM CHALLENGE - Week ending ?? Apr 09".

Each week, it goes like this;
    a) Monday evening (GMT), Colin Southern (moderator) announces the current week's challenge in a new thread, any 'rules' will be explained in the first post of the thread
    b) Over the following 6 days, anyone and everyone can post their pictures to the thread (one picture per post please)
    c) At approx. 1800 GMT on Sunday, the thread is locked, non-picture posts extracted (temporarily), and voting is invited by Personal Message (PM) to Colin
    d) Between Sunday evening and Monday evening, anyone and everyone votes by PM
    e) Monday evening, the winners are announced and next week's challenge is posted

Hope that helps,
    Last edited by Colin Southern; 30th March 2009 at 06:57 PM. Reason: Fix Typo in Quoted Text