Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Toti

Toti

Yesterday I was with a group of RC Flyers to watch their Fun Fly Event, there were competitions, fun fares, raffle draws and it was such a fun filled day. Toti one of the RC flyers did some exhibition for intermission. I admire him for being humble and kind enough to do stunts for us despite of his leg injury and he did it so well! He is one of the most popular motorbike racer here and an endorser of a top motorcycle manufacturer. It was so nice to meet him.

Toti
    Toti by alquibbs, on Flickr

Toti
    Toti by alquibbs, on Flickr

Thanks for viewing.

Real Name
    Chris

Re: Toti

IMO, the shots are diminished greatly by the colored framing...it's just "too" much and it tends to pull away from your stronger blacks.

Quote Originally Posted by MiniChris View Post
    IMO, the shots are diminished greatly by the colored framing...it's just "too" much and it tends to pull away from your stronger blacks.
    Hi Chris, thanks for viewing. I'm really having second thoughts about the frames earlier well anyway, I've uploaded the same pics but now it's frame frame go away!

Toti

Toti

Real Name
    Chris

You canmake a simple frame like this opne by copying and pasting into a new image size that is 30-40 pixels larger than your print, then doing a simple drop shadow; lastly, framing the background layer with a 10 pixel black outline - though there are hundreds of variations in borden framing.

I did add a couple of layer adjustments and cloned out some of the debris on the ground and blurred the background a bit more.

Toti

Real Name
    Richard

I like the images but am slightly bothered by the busy horizon running straight through the principle subject. I would rather see a higher or lower camera position.

Simple but better Chris. Thank you, obviously I've been playing with the colors on the first post and played safe on the second. I need to learn more about framing this time.

Hello Richard, I agree with your opinion and you kow this guy just came out from nowhere and I have run and take pictures of him. I took several shots which I don't find quite nice and I realized how hard it is to take pictures of subjects that accelerates. I need more practice. Thank you for your suggestion.

Real Name
    Frank Miller

Hi Al, I love the action in these shots and realize how difficult it is to catch everything exactly right on the spur of the moment. I think you have done extremely well on getting this shot. I am starting to learn that without post processing software, it can be very difficult to get a winner, particularly on a shot like this.

Is there any chance you can do some additional PP work? If so, it looks to me like the horizon may not be level but it may just be that the ground is sloped, I can't be sure. I see that Chris has blurred the background some and removed some of the debris for you. It might be able to stand a bit more blur and possibly tone down the background brightness in vibrancy to let the eye concentrate on the subject action and away from the background. This should reduce the 'busy background' feel.

Hi Frank, thank you for viewing. I've read your reply earlier but I have to finish myt work first before everything else. Well I made some patchworks with this, replaced some background colors, I removed the tall grass and instead made a slope which made him look like biking near a cliff/ . Next time I'll tell this guy to move somewhere with a not so busy background. Just kidding. Thanks again Frank.

Toti

Real Name
    Frank Miller

LOL! Very nice, Al. The more I play with Photoshop, the more I learn what I can do with an image that has a problem, and as I go through some of my older shots in particular, I'm finding lots of issues like the one you ran into here. I'm tickled pink to see the progress you are making with your images!

Quote Originally Posted by FrankMi View Post
    LOL! Very nice, Al. The more I play with Photoshop, the more I learn what I can do with an image that has a problem, and as I go through some of my older shots in particular, I'm finding lots of issues like the one you ran into here. I'm tickled pink to see the progress you are making with your images!
    Aaahh Frank...a breath of fresh air! Yahoo! It's not really perfect but I tried my best! And thank you so much for the encouragement! I'm learning PP slowly and I try to apply all things I've learned from all of you.