Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Shikha again!

Real Name
    Sahil Jain

Shikha again!

Here is another shot of Shikha, my best friend. I have given this kind of treatment on purpose.
    C&C Always welcome...

Shikha again!

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Re: Shikha again!

Sahil

I like the treatment you've given this image. But I wondered about the background. On the side of her head where her hands are, we have the darker-tone background giving way to a very light area at the side of her head. Then on the other side, we have that darker tone going all the way up to the edge of her hair. Does that seem a bit unbalanced.

And there is a bit of dark shadow under her left eye (right as we look at it) that is not present under her other eye. She might prefer if you could lighten this a bit.

Real Name
    Sahil Jain

Thanks for your comment, Donald
    This was shot at lake. There is a green slope that goes down from the walking path towards the lake. Therefore there is an unbalance in the background.

I used dodge tool on both her eyes, but yes, I need to use it more on her left eye. Thanks again

Real Name
    Richard

A couple of suggestions...

1. I have found that the flat of the hand (especially a female's hand) doesn't look as flattering as having the edge of the hand facing the camera...

2. I have also found that sleeveless blouses are often not flattering (especially if shot with a shorter focal length lens) since the bare shoulder and arm is often over emphasized...

Finally...

3. using flash fill or a reflector can often offset the large difference in exposure value between the face and sky; resulting in a sky which is less blown out...

Real Name
    Sahil Jain

Hi Richard,

Well I didn't really understand what you mean by flat of the hand
    Do you mean the back side of the hand?
    & thanks for the tip on dealing with bright sky. I was at the same place in the same situation today also, but I was clicking pictures of a kid. I didn't want to use flash, for it might have scared the baby.

Thanks for your inputs, Richard.

Real Name
    Richard

Correct, I did mean the back of her hand. Another way to prevent the skyfrom being burned out is to select another place with a different background...