Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Foreground color

Real Name
    Chris

Foreground color

In this sunset, I was trying to capture some of the setting sun color, but in almost every shot, the color seemed to drop off the radar. After a fashion, I did manage to PP some of it back into the image, but fear not enough natural saturation.

Is there anyone out there in radio tv land who has some good advice on how to go about this kind of color capture without blowing out the background?

Foreground color

Real Name
    Willie or Jiro is fine by me.

Re: Foreground color

If you shot this in RAW, you can change the camera's profile to VIVID in lightroom or ACR and it will increase the saturation of the colors accordingly. If this was shot in jpeg mode, add a hue/saturation layer on top of the background layer and change the blending mode to overlay without adjusting any of the sliders. If the foreground becomes too dark click the layer mask of the hue/sat layer and paint black on the foreground areas to bring back the original colors on the foreground.

A quick edit using the above process, Chris:

Foreground color

Real Name
    Keith

Excellent advice from Willie here Chris. By using layers and masks you can treat the two parts of the image as separate images and get the best out of each before blending them together into the finished picture.

Real Name
    Tommy

What about flash? Or HDR?