Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: start of a new day

Real Name
    Paul

start of a new day

Fosdyke, Boston early this morning.it would of been nice with a little less cloud. c&c welcome
    start of a new day

start of a new day

Real Name
    Tommy

Re: start of a new day

I like them both, but I simply love the composition of the second one. Is it just my eyes or does it need a teeny weeny CW rotation to make it perfectly straight?

Good stuff!

Edit: I get it to be about 0.72 degree CW rotation, using the pylon as a reference.

Real Name
    Christopher Hotton

I like both as well Paul - interesting sky with some clouds full of rain. Both images (particularly the second) have good reflections in the water.

Real Name
    John Wright

The first one is,imo,the better of the two for quite a few reasons not least the cloud structure and lighting,then there's the reflections -the general lighting in the firs t one is much better too -it's a lovely scene and a lovely photo.

Real Name
    Paul

another from the same day using a sigma 10-20 lens
    start of a new day

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Paul

All three are, I think, good images.

I wondered, again in respect of all three, about doing a very light dodge along the boats just to brighten them up and a bit (and I'd include the wooden boardwalk in the second one)?

I, too, like how you've put that second one together. very bold to put the boats over on the right hand side like that and use that reflection from the gap in the clouds to balance it up on the left.

Real Name
    Ian

Interesting to see the wider view after just seeing the first two. Yes the cloud/smoke/steam is better on the first one, but personally I like the second, but I can't put my finger on quite why?

(Since you obviously like early mornings, are you going out for tonight/tomorrow mornings meteor shower? Very early morning is reckoned to be best I understand this time for England to avoid too much interference from the moon).

Real Name
    Paul

i think i'll have a bit of a light dodging on all 3.as i can see what you mean to just to give it a bit of a pop.
    shreds i didn't know about the meteor shower.but i'll be having a look now cheers for the heads up.it not a case of liking early mornings.but trucks keep breaking down at silly o'clock. and sometime i get to be in the right place at the right time take a few images and get paid

Real Name
    Paul

just a quick go on this one.a little brighten and a bit of a straighten.as i thought it didn't look spot on.a little hight on the left maybe

start of a new day

Real Name
    Brian

I think I like the wide angle shot best. The sky is interesting and the the added brightness in the last does make it more interesting as well.

Real Name
    Frank Miller

Hi Paul, I love the composition of your image but felt it was too dark for my taste. I hope you don't mind my rendition of your shot as it may be a bit too bright for your taste.

start of a new day

Real Name
    Keith

I like all three Paul but compositionally I think #1 an 3 are the better shots, the curve of the river leading the eye into the shot and to the bend whereas #2 leads the eye out of the shot. The tweaks suggested will make quite a difference for the better I believe.