Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Heavy Metal

Real Name
    Ron

Heavy Metal

Was raining out so i went through a box of old magazines and tried my hand at shooting a still life with them.Don't know if it's appropriate to shoot such items that have other people's art work on them so if this is a no-no i would be glad for a heads up.The lighting for this shot is coming was coming through a window from the left side of my set up and i used a piece of white foam board to try and remove some of the glare off of the magazine covers.C&C are very welcome.Thanks for viewing ...Ron.

Heavy Metal

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Re: Heavy Metal

I like that.

The only thing I wondered about was if the winter 1986 issue (you can't be THAT old!) was too 'front and centre'? It maybe dominates the image too much?

But, I think that is a very innovative and imaginative idea.

Real Name
    John

Quote Originally Posted by Rasbury View Post
    Was raining out so i went through a box of old magazines and tried my hand at shooting a still life with them.Don't know if it's appropriate to shoot such items that have other people's art work on them so if this is a no-no i would be glad for a heads up.The lighting for this shot is coming was coming through a window from the left side of my set up and i used a piece of white foam board to try and remove some of the glare off of the magazine covers.C&C are very welcome.Thanks for viewing ...Ron.

Heavy Metal
    I don't know about appropriate but it does tell us something about your reading habits. Shouldn't those issues be in plastic?

Real Name
    Ron

Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    I like that.

The only thing I wondered about was if the winter 1986 issue (you can't be THAT old!) was too 'front and centre'? It maybe dominates the image too much?

But, I think that is a very innovative and imaginative idea.
    Thanks Donald.My birthday was this past saturday and i turned 48.I still have everything set up and will try out different light sources besides my on-camera flash.I'll probably change out a few and rearrange the others to find a way to have everyone looking at the dominate cover in the middle.
    Ron.

Real Name
    Ron

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowman View Post
    I don't know about appropriate but it does tell us something about your reading habits. Shouldn't those issues be in plastic?
    Thanks John.I'm suprised these held up this well in the conditions they have been through.I went to e-bay after doing this photo to see what they were going for.They all averaged about $8.00.I had a collection of old Mad Magazines too but they grew legs and walked away.I really like this magazine for the art work inside.Kind of reminde me of Roger Dean's work.A fantatic artist who i grew to like from his work on the Yes albums that i used to have.(I gave those away in a moment of stupidity).I only kept the one's that i knew i could not get on cd(another subject to photograph perhaps).
    Ron.