Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Winter in Brissie

Real Name
    Dave Ellis

Winter in Brissie

I know some of you Northern Hemisphere folk are experiencing some hot weather at present however I thought I'd show you a Brisbane winter. We were baby-sitting the grandkids yesterday and decided to take them to the City Beach as it was 22 degC or 72 degF. Yes we have a beach in the city here believe it or not (they don't call it BrisVegas for nothing you know - we also have the Big Pineapple, the Big Banana and the Big Prawn nearby - are you starting to get the picture ?)

This shot was taken from the beach looking across the river to the city buildings. On the far left you might just make out the Lifeguard station.

This is a typical winter's day in Brisbane.

Winter in Brissie

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Re: Winter in Brissie

Quote Originally Posted by dje View Post
    I thought I'd show you a Brisbane winter. ... as it was 22 degC or 72 degF.
    Good grief - that's high summer figures up in this part of the world. Not sure we've had very many days that have exceeded that this summer.

I always like to see detail in cityscapes rather than the great sweeping vistas, particularlyof places I've never been. This, I think, gives a real sense of the place.

Real Name
    Dave Ellis

Re: Winter in Brissie

Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    This, I think, gives a real sense of the place.
    Thanks for your comments Donald. I hadn't really thought about it much before from the perspective of a someone who doesn't live here, but it probably does give a sense of the place.

Dave