The Bleu lagoon

The Bleu lagoon

The Bleu lagoon

The Bleu lagoon

Real Name
    Chris

Re: The Bleu lagoon

I bet that water is too warm to swim in

Photographically, suggest levelling the horizon in 1 & 2. No 3 is a bit diffuse, I wonder if you took a narrower angle shot of the left side with the headlands receding? Can see maybe too misty for the distant ones.

I presume this is just down the road from you on the channel coast?

Real Name
    David

Hi Iwanbogor - I agree with Chris - the horizons need to be adjusted to horizontal. However, I think there is another point of composition that needs attention. (I make the same error all the time, so I speak with experience!). That is the horizons are all near the middle of the frames. Images generally have more impact, as a rule of thumb, when the horizon is placed on a "third" or "Golden Mean" level. Thus, in No 3, where the sky does not have much to offer, I would have put the horizon not more than 1/3 the way down from the top of the image. Then, I would have tweaked up the saturation of the greens and sharpened things slightly. I would probably also have cropped the image as Chris has suggested. Overall, I think this would give the image more punch.

Another aspect that has just occurred to me is that these images have probably been shot in mid morning to mid afternoon sun, i.e. when there was so much light that features start to be washed out. That would be another reason for tweaking saturation and indeed contrast. If these ideas make sense and appeal to you have a go at adjustments and re-post.

Cheers

David

Nice blue, location?

Real Name
    Ian

Equally a couple of the shots have a central focal point (swimmer/radio mast) if these were off centre again the composition would be improved. If we are going for broke, a yacht passing by would be even better as a point of interest, but I want everything don't I?

Just jealous that I am not sitting on those beaches!

The beach is Lombok Indonesia, Small island next Bali. The massa tourists not yet discovery very superb beach. Last news, i got info there will be resort surrounding
    Why nice place always victim for BIG BUSINNES