Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Bridge where the filter

Real Name
    António Correia

Bridge where the filter

I am moving slowly (?) to Bridge from LR.
    After all the two programs are rather similar and Bridge looks more powerful, however slower.
    I would like to make a Smart Collection but I can't find the Color option for the images which I have marked as red.
    In LR they call it "Label" but here the Label doesn't work that way.

Any tips please ? Thank you
    Screenshot from Bridge.
    Perhaps it is so simple that it is there and I don't see it.

Bridge where the filter

Real Name
    Paul

Re: Bridge where the filter

It is still Label in Bridge.
    In the dropdown list select Label then in the following two fields equals then select
    That's it.

Real Name
    António Correia

Quote Originally Posted by Paul MR View Post
    It is still Label in Bridge.
    In the dropdown list select Label then in the following two fields equals then select
    That's it.
    Sorry Paul but it is just me I am sure

In this very folder I have a photo with the green label and it doesn't pop up here as the yellow one does.

It doesn't work. Even if I write the word Green for example - assuming the label was in that colour - the photo doesn't show up.

In this matter LR looks better I am afraid.
    Thank you Paul
    Bridge where the filter

rob marshall

Antonio

If you select the FILTER window (WINDOWS/FILTER PANEL) you can open up the labels tab and click to select certain labels (you can do more than one at a time). That's one way to do it. For the FIND command you need to specify the NAME of the label, not the colour of it. See my screen print below. My labels are called RAW and non-RAW.

Bridge where the filter

Real Name
    António Correia

Thank you Rob Very kind of you
    I am afraid I have not explained myself correctly.

I would like to work with Smart Collections. Look at what happens in LR versus Bridge

Bridge where the filter

In Bridge we can´t opt by Label Color like in LR. It just asks if the Lebel exists or not.
    LR is cleverer !
    Bellow are the Bridge options for Label

What you have done doesn't look to me as using Smart Filters but simple Filters instead.
    Thank you anyway. I was not explaining myself but I hope now I am.

Bridge where the filter

rob marshall

Antonio

I think it's the same for a normal FIND or for a smart collection. See example below. I created a new smart collection called 'non-raw' and specified LABEL to be a text entry of 'non-RAW'. And that works. have to go to sleep now. I'll look in the morning.

Bridge where the filter

Real Name
    António Correia

Thank you Rob
    In fact what I think it is nice in LR's Smart Collections is that they collect all the photos inside your computer which comply certain criterias.

If I want to find all my shots with the keyword "dog" and with for example red label, I can see them in a moment because the program finds all of them even in very different folders. Pretty useful. Quick ! Efficient !

What pleases me in Bridge is the fact that it doesn't need to be Synchronised after moving or copying photos in another application. LR does and that annoys me.

rob marshall

Quote Originally Posted by Antonio Correia View Post
    In fact what I think it is nice in LR's Smart Collections is that they collect all the photos inside your computer which comply certain criterias.

If I want to find all my shots with the keyword "dog" and with for example red label, I can see them in a moment because the program finds all of them even in very different folders. Pretty useful. Quick ! Efficient !

What pleases me in Bridge is the fact that it doesn't need to be Synchronised after moving or copying photos in another application. LR does and that annoys me.
    Yes, I find it very useful. It's a quick and easy was to find things. And when you have a lot of shots that can be quite important. I have never used LR and people do seem to like it, but as yet I can't see what it can do that Bridge can't, or even what the real differences are.

I find it useful to keep my shots in folder categories that reflect the subject. I know some people do it on dates, but I find with subjects it's easier to find stuff.

Bridge where the filter

Real Name
    António Correia

I am afraid that at the present moment I don't have time to write more but we are moving now into another and very important area, which is the organization of our photos.
    I mean, the criteria we should use.

Later because now I have to go

Real Name
    António Correia

Lightroom is an adjusted Camera Raw program using much the same basic concept. Well, this is my opinion of course
    LR keeps the setting in a file and when we need they are there. If one wants to make a different version of a photo we make a virtual copy. But, curiously Adobe Camera RAW also has this option named under Snapshots.
    Do you want to apply always the same settings ? No problem LR has the answer and so does ACR !
    Ah ! But ADR is older and perhaps Adobe was needing a more amateur program to get those clients for whom CS# was "too much" and would be happy with a smaller program. It is true that Adobe has Elements a more modest version of CS... But - again perhaps - in terms of marketing LR was necessary... Well, just me dropping some lines about this matter.

Let's go back to our programs.
    I really find that LR has a better and easier way to input keywords. (Or perhaps it is just me who did not - so far - understand correctly how to do it)
    Curiously in my Mac - it is not because it is a Mac, no - the Red label in Bridge is White in LR. I don't know if vice-versa is the same.

I had a look at your folders. I mean the way you organize them. In Bridge I like to "travel" among folders with the horizontal bar like I show here.
    It is very easy and it saves space on the screen in spite of the 27" one I am using.
    The smart collections I have are Themes. It is what I was writing you about earlier: It groups the images under the same keyword where ever the folder they are in. Cool !

Keywords are used for this in conjunction with stars and ... labels, you guessed !
    However I can't used this labels business under Bridge. I have to go around and find another way to do it. I must think about it because at the moment nothing pops up.

Thank you for reading me Rob and for your kind answers

Bridge where the filter

Real Name
    António Correia

Just now I labeled a photo with red and another with yellow.
    Just to test. In Bridge and in a Smart Collection.

As I asked Label-exist, both photo appeared of course. However, Bridge is not worried about the colour of the label. Any colour is good.