Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Sunset over Brandon Marsh.

Sunset over Brandon Marsh.

Sunset over Brandon Marsh.

Urged on by the great Sunset Shots from Crisscross, I decided to catch tonights sunset, this is straight out of the camera, not sure I am happy with the halo, is this avoidable or is it because of the quality of lens I am using?
    Sigma 150-500mm.

Real Name
    Chris

Re: Sunset over Brandon Marsh.

Great to see someone joining in with some proper water to reflect the sun; makes for a far more interesting composition. Good stuff Keith.

Halos and other over-exposure effects around straight-on sun shots are difficult to avoid, always a delicate balance betwen exposing for the sun and everything else too dark or getting unwanted peripheral effects round the sun. I have worked at removing the latter in otherwise good shots and would think this one would be worth trying on...but absolutely essential to be using prog with feathered selection potential.

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

Hi crusty,

Just a thought, (and at the risk of opening "old wounds" from another thread) if you have a UV/protective filter on the front, this might be one time to remove it and see if the halo disappears.

Cheers,

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Humphries View Post
    Hi crusty,

Just a thought, (and at the risk of opening "old wounds" from another thread) if you have a UV/protective filter on the front, this might be one time to remove it and see if the halo disappears.

Cheers,
    Yes Dave I do have a UV filter on the lens, I will keep that in mind when I try again, cheers.
    Thanks Chris.