Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hi Tech Terror

Hi Tech Terror

Eeesh....

Hi Tech Terror

Real Name
    Mary... or Lucy... either is fine with me. ;)

Re: Hi Tech Terror

I like it... your imagination is fascinating, Steve. The colors and textures are brilliantly applied.

I was just listening to Bartok - the angst and the surreal peace and the rhythm and the logic and the madness - and thinking about how artists so often reflect their times. This would reflect part of my past year - wrestling with unwrapping and learning how to work with technology. It says it awfully well!

and....eesh? I think it a lot, these days - about everything!

rob marshall

Quote Originally Posted by Wirefox View Post
    Eeesh....
    get a grip, boy! The latest word from VT is 'urf'. not 'eesh'. And no, I don't know what that one means either. A thought: How lucky we are having CiC

I love the shot. It's all Sinclair Spectrum circuit boards and black rubber kitchen gloves with stunted fingers smudged artfully (as only you can do) with a rampant colour palette that we would all die for. I still don't know what the bar code says Too much technology...

rob marshall

Quote Originally Posted by Katy Noelle View Post
    I was just listening to Bartok - the angst and the surreal peace and the rhythm and the logic and the madness - and thinking about how artists so often reflect their times.
    I'm indebted to you, Katy (as always) for providing such a rich source from the VT vein of words, phrases, and in this case, chat-up lines! I can see it now... I go to a party, a load of boring drones leaning against the kitchen units drinking supermarket plonk as they discuss the latest Audi model, or office politics. But there in the corner is a quiet-looking, but serious girl... glasses for reading Proust or Dostoevsky, long-hair with a touch of abandon and slight unkemptness as if thoughts and ideas were more important to her than vanity. She has an air of the promise of something that you can only imagine at other times. And I go up to her and say...

"I was just listening to Bartok - the angst and the surreal peace and the rhythm and the logic and the madness - and thinking about how you might want to have sex with me!"

Real Name
    Kay

let's dispense with the acronyms I really did well and truly just laugh out loud

Real Name
    John

Very nice image. I thought "eeesh" was the sound effects of the fingers ripping apart the electronics?

I like it... your imagination is fascinating, Steve. The colors and textures are brilliantly applied.
    Thans Mary. I must admit I am having difficulty spawning ideas at the moment. It has been a slow month photography wise. Still it will come back I dare say. You cant force it so I think I will spend a little time just snapping things from unusual angles this tends to help for some reason
    and thinking about how artists so often reflect their times.
    Katy, I was thinking about this the other day. A N Wilson has written that artists hold a mirror up to the times in which they live. They perceive their environment rather than 'see' it. This is applicable to all forms of art - poetry, music, the novel. Art is a bottle into which time is decanted and stoppered. If we remove the stopper we get the heady whiff of the past but also we should get scent of present and future....art is always relevant

Rob, I think I prefer eesh to urf still I am willing to make room in my mantlepiece for an urf or two. You are not far off with the Sinclair I removed this board for photography purposes when I destroyed the hard disk in my parents PC a couple of years back. It was so old I was amazed it still ran.
    "I was just listening to Bartok - the angst and the surreal peace and the rhythm and the logic and the madness - and thinking about how you might want to have sex with me!"
    You old charmer you. I hope that was said in your best Lesley (sorting hat) Phillips voice. I want to know why the Audi set always stand in kitchens, the 2CV mob sit in the garden, the mondeo set are lisyening to U2 in the lounge and the bloke who came on the bus is testing the bedsprings with the hostess.
    glasses for reading Proust or Dostoevsky, long-hair with a touch of abandon and slight unkemptness as if thoughts and ideas were more important to her than vanity. She has an air of the promise of something that you can only imagine at other times
    Yes but on closer inspection they always turn out to be a builder from Nuneaton called Brian.

Very nice image. I thought "eeesh" was the sound effects of the fingers ripping apart the electronics?
    Thanks John, The 'eesh' is the coveted award only bestowed upon those who are able to draw rolled eyes reaction from Katy (I have 3). The 'urf' is the noise you make when she hits you with an 'eesh'.

rob marshall

The Mondeo set are listening to U2 in the lounge...
    You and I are both guilty of reducing everyone to cultural stereo-types. But that one is just so true...

Yes but on closer inspection they always turn out to be a builder from Nuneaton called Brian.
    No problem. I always check their tackle first before moving on to a discussion of the existential sub-threads of Camu's novels.

The eeshiness around here is just getting to be too intense. I think you guys are baiting me, now, and I'm having to duck tape my mouth so that I don't just let loose and flood the market with eeshes. Then, their value would plummet and that would be, oh, so sad!

Rob, I'm so happy to help but I think that I'll just, now, zip my lip about what i was thinking about rediscovered Chopin, today. (I 'O.D.ed' on him a few years back and, consequently, haven't listened to him in donkey's years.)

Katy, I was thinking about this the other day. A N Wilson has written that artists hold a mirror up to the times in which they live. They perceive their environment rather than 'see' it. This is applicable to all forms of art - poetry, music, the novel. Art is a bottle into which time is decanted and stoppered. If we remove the stopper we get the heady whiff of the past but also we should get scent of present and future....art is always relevant
    Wonderful!

rob marshall

I think you guys are baiting me, now
    Noooooo! we have been doing it since you first joined. But we love ya anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by rob marshall View Post
    Noooooo! we have been doing it since you first joined. But we love ya anyway.
    Oh.

rob marshall

Oh.
    Surely you meant urf?

Quote Originally Posted by rob marshall View Post
    Surely you meant urf?
    Possibly.

rob marshall

Possibly.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Eesh

And I think that definition #3 refers? http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=urf

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Thanks John, The 'eesh' is the coveted award only bestowed upon those who are able to draw rolled eyes reaction from Katy (I have 3). The 'urf' is the noise you make when she hits you with an 'eesh'.
    There are some of us who, daily, suffer the pain and anguish of a) never having won the Monthly Challenge and, b) never having been granted an 'eesh'. Yet for some people, eeshes seem to be handed out like confetti.

Truly, it is deeply wounding!

rob marshall

Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    Yet for some people, eeshes seem to be handed out like confetti.
    A bit like OBEs and other 'honours' you mean? Perhaps Katy should be on the Honours Committee?

oh, I didn't know I was so hip!

I think that 'urf' really comes from some bit of Darwinianly suppressed Norwegian bachelor farmer that I must have, in some odd genetic twist, picked up from my Danish grandparents, crossed with #5 and a dash of #6 - especially the walrus bit.

Either that or I picked it up from the puppies who, coincidentally, kept me up most of last night. (Only two left and they and I are forlorn and lonely!)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast