Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Droplets...

Real Name
    Willie or Jiro is fine by me.

Droplets...

Spraying some water on a bird feather. Sorry guys, I'm just having fun testing my poor man's macro setup. Thank you very much for your patience and for viewing.

Droplets...

Nikon D70, 135mm, ISO 400, f/16 at 1/5 second.

Re: Droplets...

It's not the first time that I've thought that feathers, up close, are really bizarre! But beautiful.... and bold.

Jiro, question, please! Am I just super duper tired or is this somehow a bit bright. But, even as I'm typing this, I'm thinking that it might just be the repetitive pattern that's intense on the eyes, a little. I think that we had a similar discussion with one of Raylee's photos of a feather.

Anyhoo, please - experiment all you want - we're here enjoying the ride with you!

edit: I am really tired and the fact that I think it's an interesting image isn't coming across, I don't think....

Real Name

I must have increased the contrast a tad too high. Off this goes to photoshop for some minor adjustment, Katy. Thank you very much for your observation.

I'm glad you saw it, too. I'm just up - twiddling my thumbs - waiting for puppies to settle down - we only have three left.

Real Name

How about this, Katy?

Droplets...

Real Name
    Sahil Jain

Wow poor man!
    That's a splendid picture.
    This poor man also tried something similar, with Lens reversal thing.
    This is what I came out with.

Droplets...

PS:-Please let me know if you'd want me to remove the pic from your post

Now, I'm up early with puppies and....still bleary eyed. I mean, really wateyr eyed but I can see it better through the squint so it must be better, right? Anyone else ....?

Jiro, one thing that keeps drawing me in is the beautiful movement of the broken parts of the feather. They're like flames.

Real Name

Quote Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
    Wow poor man!
    That's a splendid picture.
    This poor man also tried something similar, with Lens reversal thing.
    This is what I came out with.

Droplets...

PS:-Please let me know if you'd want me to remove the pic from your post
    That's nice, Sahil. I also tried the reverse lens method but the limited distance from the front of the lens and the subject prevents me from getting good shots. It's too hard for me to properly illuminate the subject with only less than an inch of distance to work on. A telephoto lens with an extension ring seems to work easier for me.

Real Name

Quote Originally Posted by Katy Noelle View Post
    Jiro, one thing that keeps drawing me in is the beautiful movement of the broken parts of the feather. They're like flames.
    That is also what attracted my attention so I composed the shot this way. Thanks, Katy.

Very beautiful and I like the idea. will appreciate if you could let me know what is the lens and settings

Real Name

Quote Originally Posted by zorgi View Post
    Very beautiful and I like the idea. will appreciate if you could let me know what is the lens and settings
    Thank you very much, Zorgi. The lens I used was the Nikon 80-200mm f/4.5-5.6 lens that came with my old Nikon F70D film SLR camera. It was coupled to a Nikon PK-13 extension ring. There are no exposure indication because the lens has no aperture connection to the body. Everything was set manually. The shutter speed was set at 1/5 second while the aperture was manually set at f/16. An external Nikon SB-24 flash was used to produce the specular reflections and lighting. It was also manually set at 1/16th power with a DIY flash diffuser made of plastic milk container. Hope this helps.