Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: No Permanent Address

No Permanent Address

No Permanent Address
    No Permanent Address by alquibbs, on Flickr

It's been raining for the past two days, streets are flooded, school classes were suspended, flights canceled and people from low places were evacuated to higher grounds. So instead of going out, I stayed home and take pictures! And now, I wonder where could the resident of this web fled?

Real Name
    Willie or Jiro is fine by me.

Re: No Permanent Address

I hope you and your family are OK, Annette. Good composition on this one. I like how you positioned the center of the spider web on the lower right focal point. The composition is a bit right heavy but still OK. The colors reminded me of Christmas, I don't know why. I like it. Thanks for sharing.

Real Name
    John

Very sharp image. Stay dry!

Real Name
    Dave Wilkinson

Al

Great photo, deep colours sharp image, well done...

I hope the rain stops soon, keep dry and keep safe..

Quote Originally Posted by jiro View Post
    I hope you and your family are OK, Annette. Good composition on this one. I like how you positioned the center of the spider web on the lower right focal point. The composition is a bit right heavy but still OK. The colors reminded me of Christmas, I don't know why. I like it. Thanks for sharing.
    Hi Willie! Glad that you liked it, thank you. Perhaps the colors and water droplets which looks like christmas balls made you remind about Christmas...Merry Christmas hehehe.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowman View Post
    Very sharp image. Stay dry!
    Thanks John.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveWilky View Post
    Al

Great photo, deep colours sharp image, well done...

I hope the rain stops soon, keep dry and keep safe..
    Hi Dave. Thank you and Im also hoping the rain would stop soon but it will go on until the weekend.

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

Hi Al,

It almost has a 'christmas-sy' feel to it with those oof 'lights' in right background

It might be improved by toning down (or cloning out) some of the blown (non-circular) patches on the left background I feel.

Cheers,

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Humphries View Post
    Hi Al,

It almost has a 'christmas-sy' feel to it with those oof 'lights' in right background

It might be improved by toning down (or cloning out) some of the blown (non-circular) patches on the left background I feel.

Cheers,
    Hi Sir Dave, thank you for viewing and your suggestion I didn't expect that it would look Christmassy It should be halloween-ish.

Real Name
    Keith

The web is looking a bit tatty so I wonder if the owner-occupier has moved on? Good capture Al. Stay safe and keep dry.

Keith

Real Name
    Seri

Hi Al,

I'm with those who see it as Christmassy. First thing I thought of when I saw it, and it's a very cheerful and warming image too. I guess your spider fled to higher ground .

Has it stopped raining yet?

Keep safe,

Seri

Hi Keith, thank you for you concern, and I guess the owner is on a holiday break.

Hey Seri, thank you for your viewing and for the positive comment, it made me smile. I have no idea how it came out like a cheerful image, maybe it has something to do with my mood yesterday and it reflected on the picture.

Real Name
    Mary... or Lucy... either is fine with me. ;)

Hi Al! I'm not typically one that smiles when I see spider webs but I did when I opened yours. I'm with all the others... it reminded me of Christmas. The water droplets on the branches made me think an evergreen all bedecked with twinkle lights. The web is very sharp. Nice shot.

Stay dry and safe...I hope the rain eases up a bit.

Real Name
    Pete

Beautiful punchy image! Thanks for sharing that.
    Yes Christmas... all those greens and reds of course

Real Name
    Bill S

Al,

I'm a bit late to this party, but I want to share that I really like this image too. Very nice control of the DoF, and the highlights on those water drops are fantastic!

- Bill

Hello Mary, like you I'm not a fan of spiders and web, I was taking pictures of the water droplets on the plant beside it when I noticed it and got interested with the droplets of waters around it. I never thought it would come out with a Christmas effect! Anyway thanks for viewing and I'll be safe.

Hi Hans, thank you very much for viewing and your comment.

Hello Bill! Glad that you liked it! Water drops are fantastic which looks like glittering Christmas balls? Hahaha thanks!