Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: U16 Wales v England Rugby

Real Name
    Joanne Van Praag

U16 Wales v England Rugby

And for my next trick I will make my hand disappear up the oppositions ......

He's mine....No he's mine!!

And Lift........you missed!!

Real Name
    John

Re: U16 Wales v England Rugby

Looks painful, is that his mouth guard in the second photo?

Real Name
    Steve

No; it is teeth, They are all puffs anyway. I mean wot proof more do you you need

Real Name
    John

Quote Originally Posted by arith View Post
    No; it is teeth, They are all puffs anyway. I mean wot proof more do you you need
    No way!

Joanne, I have no idea what to say about the photos.... I mean, I have nooo idea BUT I have gotten an awfully good laugh, tonight!

Real Name
    Mary... or Lucy... either is fine with me. ;)

Quote Originally Posted by arith View Post
    Seriously?Say it aint so.

Real Name
    Chris

Nice images.
    While the women drool over the testosterone and muscles, let us get down to the question every man wants answered - "WHO WON"?

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Joanne

Good stuff. And in that third one you've captured the essence of a good ball-sports photograph; i.e. the ball is in the image.

I'd suggest that each of them need a rotation to level them out (if you look at the angle that the edge of the pitch is running at).

And as for Steve's suggestion - I'd suggest you don't volunteer to go into the front row of a scrum and say that. You're not likely to come out standing up.

And - yes - they will all be wearing mouth guards.
    Last edited by Donald; 23rd July 2011 at 06:24 AM.

And as for Steve's suggestion - I'd suggest you don't volunteer to go into the front row of a scrum and say that. You're not likely to come out standing up.
    More proof?

Well you can gloss over the playful buttock fondling, the sado-sexual romps in the change rooms and the dropping of soap in the communal showers but the sport was promoted as an attempt to relieve certain tensions in public schools and I am not sure they go away as soon as you clutch a mishappen ball in your hands

Anyway outdated 1980's cliched sexual psychology aside I think you have done a great job of these Joanne. Your horizons are at a tilt but to be honest I have seen this in professional sports photography and I sort of think it helps in giving the feel of movement

Real Name
    Seri

Fabulous pictures! Thanks for the laugh, Joanne

I was never into rugby much until I had a half-Maori boyfriend. He introduced me to the sport, and my daughter and I also became oddly obsessed with watching clips of the Haka performed by different teams. The All Blacks do it best

Seri

P.S. Steve, have you ever called an All Black a 'puff' to his face?

Real Name
    Joanne Van Praag

While the women drool over the testosterone and muscles,
    Now come on Chris it's U16 - I could be arrested and
    "WHO WON"?
    Don't be silly - England of course, even though the best try of the match was from Wales by my daughters boyfriend' see below:
    I don't know what their mothers feed them on but these lads were gigantic

Joanne

Real Name
    Richard

Joanne,

You really have the photographic talent needed to get excellent sports images. I have never witnessed a rugby game but the sport looks photogenic. (for a skilled camera-person like you, at least!)...

Congratulation on these captures...

Your last comment about the size of the players reminds me of the news article about the Australian Contingent marching in the London, Queen Victoria's Jubilee Parade quoted in the great book, "Guns of August" by Barbara W. Tuchman.

"A contingent of 'giant' (my quotes) Australians who averaged 5 feet 11 inches tall with 36-inch chests". My how things have changed since the 1890's.

How about the difference in sizes between my wife's English Puritan ancestors who settled in Massachusetts Colony in the 1620's and my Scotch-Irish (I believe this term is indigenous to America) ancestors who settled in the American South during the 1630's? Her male ancestors averaged about 5 foot 7 inches while my male ancestors seemed like they were all over 6-feet tall. I have a copy of a Civil War enlistment document of my great-great grandfather in 1862 which lists him as being six-feet tall...

I am between 6'1 and 6'2" (depending on who does the measuring) and my wife is 5'3". We don't have any children between us but, it would have been interesting to see how our genes worked out if we had kids.
    Last edited by rpcrowe; 23rd July 2011 at 03:05 PM.