Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Interfit EXD200 Home Studio Kit?

Real Name
    Jeroen

Interfit EXD200 Home Studio Kit?

for a calendar shoot from a car and some models on various locations i'm looking for some extra lighting equipment. At the moment I only have a 430 EX II Speedlite. i've been looking for a couple of upgrades:

Reflection screens and an extension cord/ wireless transmitter for the 430 EX II speedlite.

Mostely I'll buy a set of reflection screens whatsoever, but a feel like the Canon Speedlite Transmitter ST-E2 is a bit limited, especially whit possible upgrades in the future. Also for outdoor use the speedlite series aren't very powerfull.

Than I found the Interfit EXD200 Home Studio Kit. It includes:
    2 EXD200 Digital Flash Heads
    2 Stands
    1 Softbox (60cm x 60cm)
    1 Translucent White Umbrella
    Power Cables
    Cords
    Carry Bag

Interfit EXD200 Home Studio Kit?

This set cost €469,00 which is about $667 and $412,00.

Does anybody have experience with this (kind of) set.

If I'm correct I need a transceiver for triggering like the Pocket Wizard Plus II. Is this a good choice for a transceiver? Or would you recommend something else?

Thanks in advance for your advice.

Real Name
    Steve

Re: Interfit EXD200 Home Studio Kit?

I guess the biggest problem with studio set ups is that you will need mains power or a generator.

If money is no object then Pocket Wizards have got to be a good choice but boy are they expensive.

Personally I have gone down the route of using speedlights and cheap radio triggers and actually find the challenge of working without TTL very enjoyable. And it has been far cheaper to build up a relatively good lighting set up.

I have a 550EX speedlight which is of course as good as you expect it to be. However, I also use Yongnuo YN560 speedlights and they are plenty powerful enough in my experience to use outdoors. The YN 560 will run you about 80 Euro and the Yongnuo RF602 triggers and receivers are around 15 Euro each.