Loretta Portraits
    2 by Tobias Weber, on Flickr

Loretta Portraits
    1 by Tobias Weber, on Flickr

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Re: Loretta Portraits

Tobias

The people/portrait photographers will be able to make much more constructive comments than I am capable of, but my first impression was that we see a very strong shadow just behind the young woman in each of the images, suggesting one very strong light (flash) on camera.

I think that's one of the things we have to avoid whenever we do portraiture.

Have you studied the series of workshops that Colin devised and that you can access from here. You may find them very helpful.

Real Name
    Willie or Jiro is fine by me.

I have read some very good books about portraiture so I'll try to share some comments (though I am not portrait photographer. ).

1. Your subject is too close to the back wall creating that dreaded shadow. If you will bring her closer to the camera and away from the back wall, that shadow will taper nicely to the background and won't be that noticeable.

2. nice subject (beautiful, actually) but the pose are a little bit awkward.

3. I am not so sure about her skin tone. She seems to be a bit dark for a Caucasian girl. The texture of her skin is also a bit harsh or grainy. I don't think it helps considering her age and the effect that you want to achieve.

4. Her mood seems to be a bit lonely or sad so I might suggest using a darker background for that.

Hope this helps (though I am not really sure if I am helping at all.)

Real Name
    Tobias Weber

Thanks for the tips guys I know they are grainy and thats cos I had to use a pretty high ISO because the light in the room was truly horrible and it wasn't a set up shoot, I was a bit bored and my girlfriend said she try out some poses for me and these are the results